T6 vs T10 vs T14

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sinfiery

Re: T6 vs T10 vs T14

Postby sinfiery » Fri May 31, 2013 9:15 pm

Yep, I bet there are a large amount of reverse splitter Virginia residents in their class each year. High GPAs are plentyful but 170+ s are a rarity..

Either way, UVA gets it done each year somehow. Most talented admissions team by far.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:09 am

sinfiery wrote:Yep, I bet there are a large amount of reverse splitter Virginia residents in their class each year. High GPAs are plentyful but 170+ s are a rarity..

Either way, UVA gets it done each year somehow. Most talented admissions team by far.

UVA needs to go private already. Seriously, they get next to nothing from the state but are still shackled by the BS state restraints. I guess I am thankful for the (slight) tuition discount, though.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Postby Monochromatic Oeuvre » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:39 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
sinfiery wrote:Yep, I bet there are a large amount of reverse splitter Virginia residents in their class each year. High GPAs are plentyful but 170+ s are a rarity..

UVA needs to go private already. Seriously, they get next to nothing from the state but are still shackled by the BS state restraints. I guess I am thankful for the (slight) tuition discount, though.

+1

When the state subsidizes students at a 25k/yr clip, like they do in undergrad it makes sense to have the clip they do (60-66% UG residents). Presuming VA residents would be ~15% without requirements, they don't get nearly enough to make it worth it. We presume they're saving $5k*140 residents = $700k/yr. If the school could boost itself to a 172 median (they might be able to, with no restrictions), that would pay a $700k/yr investment off many times over.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”