Are you attending a non-HYS T14 with a $75k or less scholly?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Are you attending a non-HYS T14 with a $75k or less scholly?

Yes
97
64%
No
54
36%
 
Total votes: 151

AnaMariana42
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:43 pm

Re: Are you attending a non-HYS T14 with a $75k or less scholly?

Postby AnaMariana42 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:27 am

sinfiery wrote:Damn OP, why did you pick 75k? I was so close to feeling like an elitist


^That

Going to Duke with $75k, so technically yes.

User avatar
dr123
Posts: 3503
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 am

Re: Are you attending a non-HYS T14 with a $75k or less scholly?

Postby dr123 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:00 am

Skye wrote:I received a 50/50 deal. Leaving around $73K in debt, not counting COL. When I exit my debt will slightly exceed $100K, depending how much of my SA I use to pay down debt. Knowing me, probably not much. :D


um... you know those things aren't guaranteed, right?

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Are you attending a non-HYS T14 with a $75k or less scholly?

Postby Cobretti » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:27 am

dr123 wrote:
Skye wrote:I received a 50/50 deal. Leaving around $73K in debt, not counting COL. When I exit my debt will slightly exceed $100K, depending how much of my SA I use to pay down debt. Knowing me, probably not much. :D


um... you know those things aren't guaranteed, right?

I'm more worried about how they calculated COL to come to 27k over 3 years

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Are you attending a non-HYS T14 with a $75k or less scholly?

Postby 20141023 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Are you attending a non-HYS T14 with a $75k or less scholly?

Postby JamesDean1955 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:13 am

^^That's why I plan to bartend or wait tables nights/weekends, to avoid going negative (Penn has only $4k practically guaranteed). However, my understanding is that PI summer jobs, on average, are about 9-5 hours. Right now I work 12-13 hour days and a decent amount of Saturdays, so I don't think I'd mind. We'll see.

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Are you attending a non-HYS T14 with a $75k or less scholly?

Postby JamesDean1955 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:15 am

Cobretti wrote:
dr123 wrote:
Skye wrote:I received a 50/50 deal. Leaving around $73K in debt, not counting COL. When I exit my debt will slightly exceed $100K, depending how much of my SA I use to pay down debt. Knowing me, probably not much. :D


um... you know those things aren't guaranteed, right?

I'm more worried about how they calculated COL to come to 27k over 3 years


Yeah there's no way I'll be able to live off $9k/year without savings, I've been out of college too long lol.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Are you attending a non-HYS T14 with a $75k or less scholly?

Postby Crowing » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:52 am

txdude45 wrote:Can 1Ls get SA gigs? What would they be paid?


I'm gonna milk dat diversity for all it's worth. Could this be the only time ever when being Asian-American is beneficial? :lol:

User avatar
kingjones59
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Re: Are you attending a non-HYS T14 with a $75k or less scholly?

Postby kingjones59 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:01 pm

I like to consider myself as having a personal scholarship of 20k/year as my COL is paid for from savings. Makes me feel better.

Also, at UVAs ASW they said that only about 40% of their incoming class receives scholarships. So in any given year 60% pay sticker at UVA. Im sure it is similar at other T-14's. No poll is honestly really needed. "How many people are attending a non-HYS with $75k or less scholly?" Answer: around 60%.
Last edited by kingjones59 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Are you attending a non-HYS T14 with a $75k or less scholly?

Postby 20141023 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:03 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Are you attending a non-HYS T14 with a $75k or less scholly?

Postby JamesDean1955 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:48 pm

kingjones59 wrote:I like to consider myself as having a personal scholarship of 20k/year as my COL is paid for from savings. Makes me feel better.

Also, at UVAs ASW they said that only about 40% of their incoming class receives scholarships. So in any given year 60% pay sticker at UVA. Im sure it is similar at other T-14's. No poll is honestly really needed. "How many people are attending a non-HYS with $75k or less scholly?" Answer: around 60%.


This is incredible to me, even if all of the apparently 60% were Virginia residents.

User avatar
kingjones59
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Re: Are you attending a non-HYS T14 with a $75k or less scholly?

Postby kingjones59 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:23 pm

JamesDean1955 wrote:
kingjones59 wrote:I like to consider myself as having a personal scholarship of 20k/year as my COL is paid for from savings. Makes me feel better.

Also, at UVAs ASW they said that only about 40% of their incoming class receives scholarships. So in any given year 60% pay sticker at UVA. Im sure it is similar at other T-14's. No poll is honestly really needed. "How many people are attending a non-HYS with $75k or less scholly?" Answer: around 60%.


This is incredible to me, even if all of the apparently 60% were Virginia residents.


It was also mentioned that the CO 2011, who graduated in the worst legal market in history, had 78% of their class donate to the law school in 2012. Apparently they didn't totally regret their decision.

cslouisck
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:59 am

Re: Are you attending a non-HYS T14 with a $75k or less scholly?

Postby cslouisck » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:37 pm

kingjones59 wrote:It was also mentioned that the CO 2011, who graduated in the worst legal market in history, had 78% of their class donate to the law school in 2012. Apparently they didn't totally regret their decision.



That, or they thought their offering would supplicate a vengeful god.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest