Topic Deleted by User Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Topic Deleted by User

Topic Deleted by User
33%
Topic Deleted by User
67%

Total votes: 3

Micdiddy

Gold

Re: Topic Deleted by User

Post by Micdiddy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:42 am

I voted Topic Deleted by User, but after much consideration I think you should retake instead.

romothesavior

Diamond

Re: Brooklyn Law vs. Boston College vs. UC Hastings vs. UC Davis

Post by romothesavior » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:16 am

froglee wrote:
bking17.bk wrote: Brooklyn is not as bad as people think based on the rankings alone. A close friend of mine attended there, graduated at the top of her class, and started working for Paul Weiss right out of Law School earning a huge Big Law salary in NYC.
Not to flame here. Brooklyn's overall job statistics is very bad. And judging whether the school is good or bad based on the employment outcome of one or a few top students is a very bad idea.
I'm sorry but you're either trolling here or you were trolling there. Explain yourself.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:17 am

OP, you may have deleted your OP, but it'd be a shame if you didn't take the advice ITT. Six figures of student loan debt from these schools will destroy your financial future.

froglee

New

Re: Brooklyn Law vs. Boston College vs. UC Hastings vs. UC Davis

Post by froglee » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:54 am

romothesavior wrote:
froglee wrote:
bking17.bk wrote: Brooklyn is not as bad as people think based on the rankings alone. A close friend of mine attended there, graduated at the top of her class, and started working for Paul Weiss right out of Law School earning a huge Big Law salary in NYC.
Not to flame here. Brooklyn's overall job statistics is very bad. And judging whether the school is good or bad based on the employment outcome of one or a few top students is a very bad idea.
I'm sorry but you're either trolling here or you were trolling there. Explain yourself.
I don't get what are you trying to say here? Do I have to say good things about every law school in this forum or the other way around? I think you are more likely questioning my thoughts on Cardozo since the tones here are mostly negative.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:09 am

Cardozo and Brooklyn have nearly identical job statistics. Cardozo is, at best, marginally better than Brooklyn.

2012 Employment Scores:
BLS- 48.5%
Dozo- 53.2%

2012 Big Firm + Fed Clerkship Placement:
BLS- 10.9%
Dozo- 12.4%

2011 Employment Scores:
BLS- 47.3%
Dozo- 50.8%

2011 Big Firm + Fed Clerkship Placement:
BLS- 10.6%
Dozo- 14.7%

Meanwhile, BLS actually has better public service scores and lower %ages of students going into school-funded jobs.

You heap praise onto Dozo and you rip BLS. So yes, I'm calling you out as being incredibly ignorant, incredibly biased, or trolling. Or some combination of the three.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”