Need Some Backup

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Walk Away or Take the Ride

Walk Away
75%
Take the Ride
25%

Total votes: 12

whereskyle

Need Some Backup

Postby whereskyle » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:56 pm

No GPA from undergrad. LSAT: 170 (first take). Admitted to UVA at sticker this cycle. WL: Col., Chic. DENY: Berk. Applied nowhere else except Stanford (still waiting).

I'm having trouble sucking it up and walking away from UVA's offer and retaking/reapplying next cycle. Basically, I'm afraid that this is an opportunity I shouldn't pass up. Is it always wisest to wait, retake, reapply?

I have no desire to work in VA, I don't have much desire to rely on my ties to South Florida, and I have moderate desire to work in NYC and D.C.. Now that I've learned that the T7-14 isn't truly nationally portable, I have determined that my real desire is to live and work in CA, if I'm to pick a region. I think a retake might help for Berk and Stan, but should I consider USC and UCLA? Also, should I consider Davis if I'm interested in government? Also, how bad is CA's legal market compared to that of other states?

Thanks very much, you all. I am feeling stuck, because, at the beginning of this cycle, I was resolved to take any of the five schools above at sticker. TLS has made it seem that UVA at sticker is simply a no go. I need some backup!

Micdiddy

Re: Need Some Backup

Postby Micdiddy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:07 pm

I have absolutely zero experience with someone with no gpa, so I have no idea what retaking and reapplying will get you, if you already over performed or whatever.
With that said, sticker at UVA seems objectively bad. I would rather not go to law school, period. So take that for what it's worth but yeah I don't know how to help you get $$$ from any other school listed.

whereskyle

Re: Need Some Backup

Postby whereskyle » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:33 pm

A fellow student of mine took a full-ride to BU with a 167. Based on TLS Stats, it really does seem that my cycle went exactly according to my LSAT score. Could someone tell me which T14 schools are LSAT splitter friendly in regards to schollies?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”