Hofstra Vs. NY Law School

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which School

Hofstra
81%
New York Law School
19%

Total votes: 31

jbagelboy

Re: Hofstra Vs. NY Law School

Postby jbagelboy » Thu May 16, 2013 6:57 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:Why shouldn't I be proud? You should all be proud of yourselves honestly. No matter what law school you attend. It's risky as hell but be proud of what you've done.

sadly enough, I actually was proud when I got my acceptance letters/calls, but now I just feel like shit about applying for loans, taking on six figure debt, and leaving my job. The mystery, prestige and excitement fades quickly in this process and I haven't really felt good about it since I sent in my deposit.

...and I'm going to CLS w/ $$. I can't imagine how amazing you must feel right now bro.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Thu May 16, 2013 6:58 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:Why shouldn't I be proud? You should all be proud of yourselves honestly. No matter what law school you attend. It's risky as hell but be proud of what you've done.

Why do people think going to law school is something to be proud of? The dumbest person on earth can sign up for the LSAC website and already be solicited by tttts waiting to rip them off. Literally almost any single person can get into law school, that on its own is no accomplishment.

Obviously, certain law schools one should be be proud in attending, but not just going to law school.

North

Postby North » Thu May 16, 2013 7:02 pm

No. That you could get into law school at all after demonstrating such apathy (too much work to try harder) and lack of aptitude (not even in the top half of applicants) is the reason why just getting into law school isn't something to be proud of anymore.

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Thu May 16, 2013 7:13 pm

jbagelboy wrote:

sadly enough, I actually was proud when I got my acceptance letters/calls, but now I just feel like shit about applying for loans, taking on six figure debt, and leaving my job. The mystery, prestige and excitement fades quickly in this process and I haven't really felt good about it since I sent in my deposit.

...and I'm going to CLS w/ $$. I can't imagine how amazing you must feel right now bro.

Eh I feel alright. I'll feel a lot better if JR Smith hits his shots tonight.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Thu May 16, 2013 7:23 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

Lol

yup, putting more emotional stock in a *knicks win than your entire legal education and future career. sounds about right. all this stacks up remarkably well with your LSAT score and the rest of your commentary today

P.S. pacers are going to dominate tonight, just fyi. you're out son. lucky I hate the celtics more or you would've been out on May 3

edit: *my b, typing on phone
Last edited by jbagelboy on Thu May 16, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LionelHutzJD

Postby LionelHutzJD » Thu May 16, 2013 7:25 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

Lol

yup, putting more emotional stock in a nicks win than your entire legal education and future career. sounds about right. all this stacks up remarkably well with your LSAT score and the rest of your commentary today

P.S. pacers are going to dominate tonight, just fyi. you're out son. lucky I hate the celtics more or you would've been out on May 3

Let's go Nicks.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu May 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
North wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote:Yeah man I know I fu**ed up. I was practicing higher. Call me arrogant but I'm gonna go to law school and I'm damn proud of that.

[Too mean, changed my mind.]

You'll never be a megaposter with that attitude.

I loled

North

Postby North » Thu May 16, 2013 8:00 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
North wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote:Yeah man I know I fu**ed up. I was practicing higher. Call me arrogant but I'm gonna go to law school and I'm damn proud of that.

[Too mean, changed my mind.]

You'll never be a megaposter with that attitude.

I loled

:(

sublime

Postby sublime » Thu May 16, 2013 9:38 pm

cwid1391

Postby cwid1391 » Thu May 16, 2013 9:49 pm

Micdiddy wrote: Literally almost any single person can get into law school,

Yeah, I think this thread definitively proved that.

RAWR

Postby RAWR » Fri May 17, 2013 12:12 am

yup, putting more emotional stock in a nicks win than your entire legal education and future career. sounds about right. all this stacks up remarkably well with your LSAT score and the rest of your commentary today

P.S. pacers are going to dominate tonight, just fyi. you're out son. lucky I hate the celtics more or you would've been out on May 3[/quote]

Let's go Nicks.[/quote]

FUUUUUUUCKKKKK THE KNICKS. GOOOOO HOOOOME.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Fri May 17, 2013 7:18 am

this thread sucks

NYstate

Postby NYstate » Fri May 17, 2013 8:05 am

bananapeanutbutter wrote:
NYstate wrote:
Cdanesi wrote:Both are giving me around the same amount of money in scholarships. Which would you attend? thank you!

I hate New York Law School so I say Hofstra. The reason I hate New York Law School is that I think it is as close to a scam as any school could possibly be, actually, I think they are a scam. The law suit against them brought by former students was dismissed because the judge found that their state employment statistics were so dishonest that no one could have believed them. The Court of Appeals found that there could be ethics violations by the Dean and others who were involved in presenting this information.

Stay away from them. Every lawyer in New York knows about New York Law School.

Nevermind maybe OP is going to Albany.

Why couldn't they all be disbarred? There's no reasonableness in ethic violations. If anything "sooooo dishonest" would be more grounds for discipline.

I think the issue might be in proving intent to deceive. Not sure. I don't know if even Paul Pleiss has been disbarred. I'm fairly sure no criminal case was brought against him. Lawyers like to ignore these violations.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Fri May 17, 2013 8:43 am

The bottom line is that the "law school law suits" have showed that judges do not like the idea of attacking the credibility of the profession. At the core of the profession is the schools. With limited exceptions, the schools are necessary for admission to the bar. For whatever reason, judges are uncomfortable with openly attacking the TTTs. That and it also cannot be overlooked that the firms that took up the plaintiff's cases are pathetic. They are bottom of the barrel and have no real business being in court with real law firms (who defend the schools and demolish the lawyers representing the would-be class).

As for deciding between HLS (yea I went there) or NYLS - its a distinction not worth making. Both are equally pitiful institutions and both will lead to few, if any, valid career options. So with that in mind, attend the one that is cheapest and has the least restrictions on keeping the scholarship money intact.

LeeAdama

Postby LeeAdama » Fri May 17, 2013 10:32 am

jbagelboy wrote:

Knicks 85, Pacers 75. Still alive, and if J.R. remembers that he's a basketball player and not a ballerina (http://25.media.tumblr.com/0379f9108afd ... o1_500.jpg) then we'll see what happens in Game 6.

californiauser

Postby californiauser » Fri May 17, 2013 11:58 am

reasonable_man wrote:As for deciding between HLS (yea I went there) or NYLS - its a distinction not worth making. Both are equally pitiful institutions and both will lead to few, if any, valid career options. So with that in mind, attend the one that is cheapest and has the least restrictions on keeping the scholarship money intact.

:lol:

RAWR

Postby RAWR » Fri May 17, 2013 3:40 pm

LeeAdama wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

Knicks 85, Pacers 75. Still alive, and if J.R. remembers that he's a basketball player and not a ballerina (http://25.media.tumblr.com/0379f9108afd ... o1_500.jpg) then we'll see what happens in Game 6.

JR is a WHINERRRR and that is a TERRIFIC picture. He'll have plenty of time to work on his pirouettes after he gets his ass handed to him tomorrow. :twisted:

sublime

Postby sublime » Sat May 18, 2013 1:00 am

RAWR

Postby RAWR » Sat May 18, 2013 1:21 am

sublime wrote:
RAWR wrote:
LeeAdama wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

JR is a WHINERRRR and that is a TERRIFIC picture. He'll have plenty of time to work on his pirouettes after he gets his ass handed to him tomorrow. :twisted:

His tats are nice though. Fwiw, I hope the Pacers get out of the East, although I am not very hopeful bout the Heat series

Third row seats at Tuesday's game made it pretty much spiritual. Can't wait for tomorrow/today.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”