Hofstra Vs. NY Law School Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which School

Hofstra
81%
New York Law School
19%

Total votes: 31

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Re: Hofstra Vs. NY Law School

Post by LionelHutzJD » Thu May 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Huey Freeman wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote: People have to enter law school and work their f***ing asses off and hopefully they know this from the jump.

If this is the case, why don't they also do that *before* law school and do well on the LSAT?

If you don't have the focus or intelligence to take the LSAT seriously, how do you expect to just flip a switch and kill your law school exams?

Because i have more than 35 minutes per section.

bananapeanutbutter

Bronze

Post by bananapeanutbutter » Thu May 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Huey Freeman wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote: People have to enter law school and work their f***ing asses off and hopefully they know this from the jump.

If this is the case, why don't they also do that *before* law school and do well on the LSAT?

If you don't have the focus or intelligence to take the LSAT seriously, how do you expect to just flip a switch and kill your law school exams?
Exactly. There are law schools that if you do that at you're in excellent shape for a 6 figure job. There are other schools where even with this, you need to hit jackpot on a 10% bet.

bananapeanutbutter

Bronze

Post by bananapeanutbutter » Thu May 16, 2013 4:22 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:
Huey Freeman wrote:

Not necessarily. It's much harder to put together a good answer to a tort hypo in 60 minutes with all the elements, counter arguments and re-arguments than it is to get 25 easy assumption/main point questions in 35 minutes. The LSAT is much more controllable and easier than is doing better than 90% of your class.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Thu May 16, 2013 4:28 pm

BigZuck wrote:The troll: why are you guys feeding it again?

jingosaur

Gold

Post by jingosaur » Thu May 16, 2013 4:31 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:
Huey Freeman wrote:

Lionel, please have a serious answer to this question. What made you settle at 148? I your other post, you were targeting a 159 and that number had to have come from somewhere (PrepTests, friends, your brother, etc). What made you decide that a 148 was good enough? Being someone from a privileged family, you had to have the resources to push above the median score.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Thu May 16, 2013 4:39 pm

My problem with you guys pressing him and treating him like an actual person who needs to reform (rather than a joke troll account) is that it makes him less funny. Trolly little one liners are sometimes amusing. But now that you're forcing him to write more its taking him out of his comedic element. He resorted to a shitty 300 reference because of you guys. Please stop feeding the troll, just let him be.

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Post by LionelHutzJD » Thu May 16, 2013 4:39 pm

goldbh7 wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote:
Huey Freeman wrote:

Lionel, please have a serious answer to this question. What made you settle at 148? I your other post, you were targeting a 159 and that number had to have come from somewhere (PrepTests, friends, your brother, etc). What made you decide that a 148 was good enough? Being someone from a privileged family, you had to have the resources to push above the median score.

Call me if you want serious answers. I'm walking around target on my cell with my gf. She need Dat attention. Look I should've retaken I know but I'm going with it. I can't wait a year. I tried very hard on the lsat and I'm just not the best at these sort of tests. I don't know what awaits me on law school finals but if I have an entire semester to outline and study, I like my chances a lot better.

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Thu May 16, 2013 4:43 pm

You had as much time as you could ever want to study for the LSAT...

NYstate

Gold

Post by NYstate » Thu May 16, 2013 4:59 pm

Cdanesi wrote:Both are giving me around the same amount of money in scholarships. Which would you attend? thank you!
I hate New York Law School so I say Hofstra. The reason I hate New York Law School is that I think it is as close to a scam as any school could possibly be, actually, I think they are a scam. The law suit against them brought by former students was dismissed because the judge found that their state employment statistics were so dishonest that no one could have believed them. The Court of Appeals found that there could be ethics violations by the Dean and others who were involved in presenting this information.

Stay away from them. Every lawyer in New York knows about New York Law School.

Nevermind maybe OP is going to Albany.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

North

Gold

Post by North » Thu May 16, 2013 5:09 pm

NYstate wrote:Nevermind maybe OP is going to Albany.
Nah, that was the troll who was telling him it was a good idea to go to Hofstra.

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Post by LionelHutzJD » Thu May 16, 2013 5:15 pm

North wrote:
NYstate wrote:Nevermind maybe OP is going to Albany.
Nah, that was the troll who was telling him it was a good idea to go to Hofstra.
BETWEEN THE TWO. Even I will tell u nyls sucks.

bananapeanutbutter

Bronze

Post by bananapeanutbutter » Thu May 16, 2013 5:19 pm

NYstate wrote:
Cdanesi wrote:Both are giving me around the same amount of money in scholarships. Which would you attend? thank you!
I hate New York Law School so I say Hofstra. The reason I hate New York Law School is that I think it is as close to a scam as any school could possibly be, actually, I think they are a scam. The law suit against them brought by former students was dismissed because the judge found that their state employment statistics were so dishonest that no one could have believed them. The Court of Appeals found that there could be ethics violations by the Dean and others who were involved in presenting this information.

Stay away from them. Every lawyer in New York knows about New York Law School.

Nevermind maybe OP is going to Albany.
Why couldn't they all be disbarred? There's no reasonableness in ethic violations. If anything "sooooo dishonest" would be more grounds for discipline.

bananapeanutbutter

Bronze

Post by bananapeanutbutter » Thu May 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Micdiddy wrote:You had as much time as you could ever want to study for the LSAT...
Dude, who cares? He's clearly just an immature kid, and isn't going to respond to your logic. It's also his parents who are ultimately paying for it, and it's their money being lost but what person in their mid 20s is this immature and idiotic? It's more than likely his parent's doing, and by them losing their life savings all that's happening is other less immature and less idiotic employees of NYLS whether it be the janitors or secretaries are staying in work. I think people like him going is a perfect thing for the economy.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu May 16, 2013 5:35 pm

If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times: laziness and arrogance are the two main reasons people hear the message and still won't retake. Its too difficult to retake and he's too busy to be bothered with a retake, but he's arrogant enough to bet his and his parents money on being at the top of his law school class despite scoring below median on a really easy to learn standardized test.

Ti Malice

Gold

Post by Ti Malice » Thu May 16, 2013 5:48 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:

Nah it's ok. I'm going against conventional Tls wisdom and I'm vastly outnumbered. Work hard and you will all reach your dreams.
It's not that you're outnumbered -- it's that you're an idiot. Your 148 is perfectly consistent with your demonstrated reasoning ability.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Thu May 16, 2013 5:53 pm

Ti Malice wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote:

Nah it's ok. I'm going against conventional Tls wisdom and I'm vastly outnumbered. Work hard and you will all reach your dreams.
It's not that you're outnumbered -- it's that you're an idiot. Your 148 is perfectly consistent with your demonstrated reasoning ability.
Yea .. I mean I don't want to be a dick, but how do even get a 148? did you skip an entire section, or have one of your scantron bubbles out of line? I know one person who scored in the 140's when they missed one bubble and 16 questions or something along with it. They retook for 169.

Usually below 150 means you had a medical issue or an interruption on the test or you were very distracted by the death of a family member. I'd think most people hit over 150 on their first PT even if they'd never seen the test before as long as they tried. Surprised you didn't cancel the score

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Post by LionelHutzJD » Thu May 16, 2013 5:54 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
Ti Malice wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote:

Yea .. I mean I don't want to be a dick, but how do even get a 148? did you skip an entire section, or have one of your scantron bubbles out of line? I know one person who scored in the 140's when they missed one bubble and 16 questions or something along with it. They retook for 169.

Usually below 150 means you had a medical issue or an interruption on the test or you were very distracted by the death of a family member. I'd think most people hit over 150 on their first PT even if they'd never seen the test before as long as they tried. Surprised you didn't cancel the score

Yeah man I know I fu**ed up. I was practicing higher. Call me arrogant but I'm gonna go to law school and I'm damn proud of that.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

North

Gold

Post by North » Thu May 16, 2013 6:11 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:Yeah man I know I fu**ed up. I was practicing higher. Call me arrogant but I'm gonna go to law school and I'm damn proud of that.
[Too mean, changed my mind.]

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Thu May 16, 2013 6:17 pm

North wrote:
LionelHutzJD wrote:Yeah man I know I fu**ed up. I was practicing higher. Call me arrogant but I'm gonna go to law school and I'm damn proud of that.
actually, taken from a different perspective, its rather noble. I mean if Lionel is proud of himself for his "accomplishment", I say let it be baby #YOLO. The world needs suckers, counterbalances to the rational mind; we could not be what we are if Lionel what was not what he was.

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Post by LionelHutzJD » Thu May 16, 2013 6:21 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
North wrote:
actually, taken from a different perspective, its rather noble. I mean if Lionel is proud of himself for his "accomplishment", I say let it be baby #YOLO. The world needs suckers, counterbalances to the rational mind; we could not be what we are if Lionel what was not what he was.

Omg you would think I'm applying to a school to become a gangbanger.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Thu May 16, 2013 6:28 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
North wrote:

you are the worst poster. stop resurfacing to ask questions you already know the answer to. hofstra is a dump. NYLS is a scam. etc etc.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bananapeanutbutter

Bronze

Post by bananapeanutbutter » Thu May 16, 2013 6:29 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
North wrote:

Gangbanging isn't irrational. For certain individuals, it's a perfectly rational decision. There is no way this can be rational, and you're trying to convince other people who may not have a family to pay for school to attend shit schools.

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Thu May 16, 2013 6:45 pm

North wrote:
You'll never be a megaposter with that attitude.

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Post by LionelHutzJD » Thu May 16, 2013 6:48 pm

I'm not telling or convincing anybody to do anything!!!!!! I'm just familiar with Hofstra. Yeah it's a low ranked school but someone is not stupid,idiotic, arrogant,selfish etc just because they attend that school.

And my parents are not paying for my school. I also refuse to divulge any more information regarding my parents. It's just weird to have a bunch of strangers talking about that.

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Post by LionelHutzJD » Thu May 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Why shouldn't I be proud? You should all be proud of yourselves honestly. No matter what law school you attend. It's risky as hell but be proud of what you've done.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”