Texas vs W&M Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Texas vs W&M

Texas
38%
W&M
62%

Total votes: 26

ironbmike

Bronze

Re: Texas vs W&M

Post by ironbmike » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:00 pm

Tekrul wrote:It seems you want a fair argument for Texas because your gut went for w&m and you want to make sure good consideration goes into both. All things considered I still say w&m and wait for the rest of the schools+WL
The main thing holding me back from UT is the fact that it's just so far away. If both schools were in VA and the same price, I would 100% go UT.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 pm

Tekrul wrote:It seems you want a fair argument for Texas because your gut went for w&m and you want to make sure good consideration goes into both. All things considered I still say w&m and wait for the rest of the schools+WL

ironbmike

Bronze

Post by ironbmike » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:42 am

cusenation wrote:
So I guess the opinion here is to skip Texas and do W&M? So hard to pass up such a good school.

hobie2515

New

Post by hobie2515 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:16 pm

Texas is a good school but its still regional. 70% of graduates are working in Texas. You can argue whether this is self selection but stats are stats and it seems likely that's where you would end up practicing. The idea of a "good" school these days seems to influenced way too much by the US News Rankings. If you get into a school that places fairly well into a region where you have ties and want to be, then that's a good school. If you can cut cost that's even better. The term "good" is extremely relative.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”