UCI Ranking prediction

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
unclepete
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby unclepete » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Also- claiming any of those schools you listed are a better value than Cal Poly (a CSU) is wrong.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby Dr. Dre » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:21 pm

unclepete wrote:Also- claiming any of those schools you listed are a better value than Cal Poly (a CSU) is wrong.



lol


cal poly slo/ pomona are not good schools

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:23 pm

bee wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
but UCSD has the ugliest campus in the UCs with a joke of a library. Probably has the ugliest student body as well


No thats UCB

you must mean riverside if you're talking about an ugly student body.

but seriously if you're going to go to a ttt uc for ug you might as well save yourself the cash and go to a csu. then you can put those savings into your massively hellish law school debt.


Most definitely Riverside.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:26 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
unclepete wrote:Also- claiming any of those schools you listed are a better value than Cal Poly (a CSU) is wrong.



lol


cal poly slo/ pomona are not good schools


They're not good, but they're not bad. They're the best two CSUs. Most of the CSUs are not even worth attending, but I'd make the case that attending either Polys for engineering is not a dumb thing to do. SLO's engineering program is quite good.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby Dr. Dre » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:27 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
unclepete wrote:Also- claiming any of those schools you listed are a better value than Cal Poly (a CSU) is wrong.



lol


cal poly slo/ pomona are not good schools


They're not good, but they're not bad. They're the best two CSUs. Most of the CSUs are not even worth attending, but I'd make the case that attending either Polys for engineering is not a dumb thing to do. SLO's engineering program is quite good.



oh yeah i forgot SLO's engineering is pretty good



also, lol at CSU san marcos and CSU fullerton

User avatar
gitguy
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:01 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby gitguy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:44 pm

slack_academic wrote:
Meepo wrote:
slack_academic wrote:I went to a UC. It was a pretty decent experience.


i went to a UC, most of their professors were part time profs from local community colleges, for example, uci and irvine valley college students received same quality of education, i also heard UCI Law profs were recruited from people's college of law in los angeles

Weird. Most of my profs were esteemed scholars in their fields.

+1

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby 005618502 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
unclepete wrote:Also- claiming any of those schools you listed are a better value than Cal Poly (a CSU) is wrong.



lol


cal poly slo/ pomona are not good schools


They're not good, but they're not bad. They're the best two CSUs. Most of the CSUs are not even worth attending, but I'd make the case that attending either Polys for engineering is not a dumb thing to do. SLO's engineering program is quite good.



oh yeah i forgot SLO's engineering is pretty good



also, lol at CSU san marcos and CSU fullerton


SLO is actually a relatively good school in CA even though its not in the UC system, better than all the CSUs. Ive gone up to party at CSU san marcos a couple time, pretty decent party scene surprisingly (such a small school). This was 3 years ago when a buddy went there, things may have changed. Fullerton shouldnt even be considered a 4 year, its like a glorified community college, people who go there only do so b/c 1) they want to live at home/have a job in the area or 2) they were to dumb to get into a good school.

I will say there is one positive thing about UCI law, you can use the UCI gym, which is pretty badass...I would say thats the only thing it has going for it.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:This is somewhat of an LST for undergraduate education (on the west coast)


as you can see, small private schools dominate this list

http://www.payscale.com/college-salary- ... st-schools


EDIT: look at the Top 14 schools
Last edited by Dr. Dre on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:44 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:

I will say there is one positive thing about UCI law, you can use the UCI gym, which is pretty badass...I would say thats the only thing it has going for it.




that is the ONLY positive thing about uci

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby Crowing » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:46 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:

I will say there is one positive thing about UCI law, you can use the UCI gym, which is pretty badass...I would say thats the only thing it has going for it.




that is the ONLY positive thing about uci


QFP of Dre saying something positive about UCI

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby 005618502 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:47 pm

Crowing wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:

I will say there is one positive thing about UCI law, you can use the UCI gym, which is pretty badass...I would say thats the only thing it has going for it.




that is the ONLY positive thing about uci


QFP of Dre saying something positive about UCI



:lol: Gym rats gotta be unbiased when it comes to gyms. I used to drive to UCI (15-20 mins) to lift with a buddy during summers even though I was a 2 min drive from a 24-hour fitness

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Crowing wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:

I will say there is one positive thing about UCI law, you can use the UCI gym, which is pretty badass...I would say thats the only thing it has going for it.




that is the ONLY positive thing about uci


QFP of Dre saying something positive about UCI


lol it could be that I am just having a great day today, but UCI is still TTTT


but they do have an excellent gym, I'd be an idiot if i'd say otherwise

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:51 pm

Image

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9651
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby jbagelboy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:57 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:

I will say there is one positive thing about UCI law, you can use the UCI gym, which is pretty badass...I would say thats the only thing it has going for it.




that is the ONLY positive thing about uci


can't law students use the university gym at most schools? sorry.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby Rahviveh » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:01 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:

I will say there is one positive thing about UCI law, you can use the UCI gym, which is pretty badass...I would say thats the only thing it has going for it.




that is the ONLY positive thing about uci


can't law students use the university gym at most schools? sorry.


The UCI gym is particularly nice. The campus itself is nice too, just the area around it is super dull.

EDIT: Kobe used to go there. RIP
Last edited by Rahviveh on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:01 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:Fullerton shouldnt even be considered a 4 year, its like a glorified community college, people who go there only do so b/c 1) they want to live at home/have a job in the area or 2) they were to dumb to get into a good school.


I was thinking this exact same thing. The students at Fullerton all think they're really special for some reason. There's a big difference in attitude between Fullerton kids and the Cal Poly Pomona kids, despite the fact that the schools are within a 20 minute drive of one another.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:03 pm

campus is way too big, the buildings are ugly since they are all brutalist architecture, irvine COL sucks

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby Dmini7 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:06 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:Fullerton shouldnt even be considered a 4 year, its like a glorified community college, people who go there only do so b/c 1) they want to live at home/have a job in the area or 2) they were to dumb to get into a good school.


I was thinking this exact same thing. The students at Fullerton all think they're really special for some reason. There's a big difference in attitude between Fullerton kids and the Cal Poly Pomona kids, despite the fact that the schools are within a 20 minute drive of one another.


I have some friends who go to Fullerton. One in particular tells me everyday how he feels like a failure because he wasn't able to go anywhere else. I feel bad he thinks that way, but he is doing extremely well now (which may in part be because of the competittion he faces). He will have a nicely padded GPA for PA school. Also, did anyone see that article saying the schools with the toughest grading scale/least grade inflation? It said CSUF had one of the toughest grading scales. Obviously that is skewed, but still made me raise an eyebrow.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9651
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby jbagelboy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:08 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:can't law students use the university gym at most schools? sorry.


The UCI gym is particularly nice. The campus itself is nice too, just the area around it is super dull.

EDIT: Kobe used to go there. RIP


lol fucking achilles. poor LA we've been whipped this year.

Bren events center is aight. I used to do summer camps there as a kid. I still use the campus tennis courts every so often after work

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9651
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby jbagelboy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Dmini7 wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:Fullerton shouldnt even be considered a 4 year, its like a glorified community college, people who go there only do so b/c 1) they want to live at home/have a job in the area or 2) they were to dumb to get into a good school.


I was thinking this exact same thing. The students at Fullerton all think they're really special for some reason. There's a big difference in attitude between Fullerton kids and the Cal Poly Pomona kids, despite the fact that the schools are within a 20 minute drive of one another.


I have some friends who go to Fullerton. One in particular tells me everyday how he feels like a failure because he wasn't able to go anywhere else. I feel bad he thinks that way, but he is doing extremely well now (which may in part be because of the competittion he faces). He will have a nicely padded GPA for PA school. Also, did anyone see that article saying the schools with the toughest grading scale/least grade inflation? It said CSUF had one of the toughest grading scales. Obviously that is skewed, but still made me raise an eyebrow.


CSUF might not be a "Real" school.. its more of a commuter college.. but you can be successful coming out of it nonetheless. a few people at my firm went to cal poly pomona and fullerton and now they make six figures, and I've met people across the country who've done pretty well from there, so who knows whats best?

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:13 pm

1. the new Bren center sucks, it is pretty much a rip off of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_G._Spanos_Center

2. CSUF is shitty academically, but the reports are true, Dmini7, getting good grades at CSUF is very hard. So going there sucks twofold because: (a) you get a shitty education (b) you risk getting bad grades

3. the only CSU worth going to is Cal Poly SLO

User avatar
unclepete
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby unclepete » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:21 pm

Interesting you say that on a law school forum, considering it doesn't matter where you go to undergrad for law school admissions.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:24 pm

unclepete wrote:Interesting you say that on a law school forum, considering it doesn't matter where you go to undergrad for law school admissions.




this is especially true


but i'm saying that about CSUF because if you want to go to law school and you go to CSUF, then you run the risk of getting bad grades.


if you get bad grades your screwed for law school admission

User avatar
unclepete
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby unclepete » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
unclepete wrote:Interesting you say that on a law school forum, considering it doesn't matter where you go to undergrad for law school admissions.




this is especially true


but i'm saying that about CSUF because if you want to go to law school and you go to CSUF, then you run the risk of getting bad grades.


if you get bad grades your screwed for law school admission


I'd say the likelihood of getting dinged for taking 7 years to graduate is higher than getting bad grades at CSUF.

It's true, most CSUs are commuter schools, but they serve their purpose for many people who are trying to juggle their education with other things like a family, etc.

By the way, Aztecs represent!

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Postby Rahviveh » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:33 pm

unclepete wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
unclepete wrote:Interesting you say that on a law school forum, considering it doesn't matter where you go to undergrad for law school admissions.




this is especially true


but i'm saying that about CSUF because if you want to go to law school and you go to CSUF, then you run the risk of getting bad grades.


if you get bad grades your screwed for law school admission


I'd say the likelihood of getting dinged for taking 7 years to graduate is higher than getting bad grades at CSUF.

It's true, most CSUs are commuter schools, but they serve their purpose for many people who are trying to juggle their education with other things like a family, etc.

By the way, Aztecs represent!


lol everyone i know who went to CSUF from my high school was a stoner, wigger or deadbeat. they most certainly didnt have families to worry about




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 4 guests