UCI Ranking prediction Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Dr. Dre

Gold

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Post by Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:20 pm

unclepete wrote:Sounds like your cousin was the problem

nope. 6 years is the average for students at san jose state. she hated it because the professors were dicks, HUGE class sizes, incredibly amount of redtape, crappy financial aid, and very difficult to get your classes

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
I mean look at this. Santa Clara over USC? WTF? California College of the Arts? Harvey Mudd over Stanford or Pomona? I protest.

Facts are facts. I guess its just your biased perspective that you think so highly of the UCs...
I didn't say anything about UC's above.
Dr. Dre wrote:
also, fuck the watson fellowship

this is your default response on a subject when you know you are out of your league

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Tim0thy222 wrote:
slack_academic wrote: I suppose.

I can't stand Davis though. Such insufferable hippies. Like, "look at how much better than everyone else we are because we ride bicycles and are growing ORGANIC vegetables. And look at our CO-OP we shop at!"

People who are pretentious about that kind of stuff are the worst.

/rant
This is the exact impression I got as well. There was this girl that was the roommate of my then girlfriend who complained all the time about how poor she was and how she can barely afford things. She buys all her groceries at whole foods and only eats organic things. She would act all high and mighty. She would preach about how awful non-organic foods were. WTF. No wonder she's poor.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:44 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
unclepete wrote:I know almost nothing about Fullerton, but that descirption seems to align with my overall sentiment of Orange County
okay what do you know about orange county? why do people keep voicing their misguided & stereotyped assumptions about places in CA
If you've worked in Orange County for three years and went to school there for two years, you'll know why.

Have you ever been to Newport Beach? Work in any coffee shop there and you'll know why these sentiments are warranted.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:45 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
Tim0thy222 wrote:
slack_academic wrote: I suppose.

I can't stand Davis though. Such insufferable hippies. Like, "look at how much better than everyone else we are because we ride bicycles and are growing ORGANIC vegetables. And look at our CO-OP we shop at!"

People who are pretentious about that kind of stuff are the worst.

/rant
This is the exact impression I got as well. There was this girl that was the roommate of my then girlfriend who complained all the time about how poor she was and how she can barely afford things. She buys all her groceries at whole foods and only eats organic things. She would act all high and mighty. She would preach about how awful non-organic foods were. WTF. No wonder she's poor.
Lol I hate that shit. I mean I'm fine with buying organic food, being vegan, whatever, but I hate it when people shove it in your face and try to guilt you

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:48 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
unclepete wrote:I know almost nothing about Fullerton, but that descirption seems to align with my overall sentiment of Orange County
okay what do you know about orange county? why do people keep voicing their misguided & stereotyped assumptions about places in CA
If you've worked in Orange County for three years and went to school there for two years, you'll know why.

Have you ever been to Newport Beach? Work in any coffee shop there and you'll know why these sentiments are warranted.
parents live in newport by the 73, went to high school in irvine before moving out of the area for college. like 80% of the people in newport beach are just ignorant wealthy disgusting douchebags. I just think OC, just like LA, is so diverse that the generalizations have to stop. fullerton/anaheim is very different from newport/laguna hills

edit: also where'd you work? i probably know it

FKASunny

Gold

Post by FKASunny » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:58 pm

Nothing makes a major metro area sound like BFE more than people arguing over different area stereotypes.

Can we get back to the important topic of UCI's likely place in the rankings? Of course, they will finally kick GULC out of the T14, but are we thinking T6 territory or more MVP status? I know a few people who think it might become HYIS.

Tim0thy222

Bronze

Post by Tim0thy222 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:00 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
unclepete wrote:Sounds like your cousin was the problem

nope. 6 years is the average for students at san jose state. she hated it because the professors were dicks, HUGE class sizes, incredibly amount of redtape, crappy financial aid, and very difficult to get your classes
I was in the Philosophy department, so my classes were nice and small, my professors were great, and I had no issues meeting graduation requirements on time. Financial aid and COL were fine, though I was also working for most of my UG.

Probably a different story for business majors and engineering majors.

Also, I see no reason to get back on topic. UCI's ranking? Who gives a shit?

FKASunny

Gold

Post by FKASunny » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:00 pm

Tim0thy222 wrote: Also, I see no reason to get back on topic. UCI's ranking? Who gives a shit?
You have been reported for off-topic posting.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Tim0thy222

Bronze

Post by Tim0thy222 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) wrote:
Tim0thy222 wrote: Also, I see no reason to get back on topic. UCI's ranking? Who gives a shit?
You have been reported for off-topic posting.
Oh right, because this is the on topics I'm supposed to stay on topic?

My apologies, I forget the forum rules sometimes. I will keep it on topic, or just go to the lounge.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:40 pm

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) wrote:
Can we get back to the important topic of UCI's likely place in the rankings? Of course, they will finally kick GULC out of the T14, but are we thinking T6 territory or more MVP status? I know a few people who think it might become HYIS.

you have got to be trolling. UCI kicking GULC from the T14? please!

also, UCI = possible MVP territory ... yep you are trolling
Last edited by Dr. Dre on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:41 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

parents live in newport by the 73, went to high school in irvine before moving out of the area for college. like 80% of the people in newport beach are just ignorant wealthy disgusting douchebags. I just think OC, just like LA, is so diverse that the generalizations have to stop. fullerton/anaheim is very different from newport/laguna hills

edit: also where'd you work? i probably know it
ok dude but the suburbs around anaheim are the same as the ones in newport beach. yeah its diverse and you have a lot of minority populations but the bulk of people living in the suburban areas are all the same.

Tim0thy222

Bronze

Post by Tim0thy222 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:42 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) wrote:

Yeah pretty blatant trolling. HYIS...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FKASunny

Gold

Post by FKASunny » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:30 pm

Tim0thy222 wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) wrote:

Yeah pretty blatant trolling. HYIS...
It's only trolling if it's at all plausible. It was a joke, but you were both too clever to get it.

zman

Bronze

Post by zman » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:31 pm

THat list was wrong... CAL TECH is NUMBER ONE in the entire country and Cali. Stanford was number 2 and berkeley USC and UCLA are in the top 5-6 or so. There is no way UCLA isn't near the top and some of those colleges are liberal arts only, there is no way people make that much money right out of college.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:39 pm

zman wrote:THat list was wrong... CAL TECH is NUMBER ONE in the entire country and Cali. Stanford was number 2 and berkeley USC and UCLA are in the top 5-6 or so. There is no way UCLA isn't near the top and some of those colleges are liberal arts only, there is no way people make that much money right out of college.

The rankings are only for undergraduate education. Cal tech is #1 for graduate education. But even still, harvey mudd graduates just get better jobs i guess...but i agree cal tech is better ACADEMICALLY tho not better at getting their graduates HIGHER paid jobs.

going to a smaller private school, like USD, UOP, the CLaremonts, USf, etc, are clearly better in achieving a better result.

Also, quit glorifying the overrated UCs.
Last edited by Dr. Dre on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond

Post by 06102016 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:45 pm

USD gives way better scholarship/financial aid to students...

lawschoolsoldier

New

Post by lawschoolsoldier » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
zman wrote:THat list was wrong... CAL TECH is NUMBER ONE in the entire country and Cali. Stanford was number 2 and berkeley USC and UCLA are in the top 5-6 or so. There is no way UCLA isn't near the top and some of those colleges are liberal arts only, there is no way people make that much money right out of college.

The rankings are only for undergraduate education. Cal tech is #1 for graduate education.

going to a smaller private school, like USD, UOP, the CLaremonts, USf, etc, are clearly better in achieving a better result.

UC = great
Last edited by lawschoolsoldier on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawschoolsoldier

New

Post by lawschoolsoldier » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:48 pm

lawschoolsoldier wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:

The rankings are only for undergraduate education. Cal tech is #1 for graduate education.

UC = great

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:49 pm

the UCs prestige is declining way too fast.

And claremonts are excellent schools, who cares if they are liberal arts, they have high graduate school placement

and small privates like USD can get you amazing letter of recs and there is grade inflation which is good for PROSPECTIVE law students.
Last edited by Dr. Dre on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Diamond

Post by 06102016 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:49 pm

Last edited by 06102016 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:51 pm

the faculty at UCSD are only worth getting taught at if you're a graduate student

Diamond

Post by 06102016 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:52 pm

zman

Bronze

Post by zman » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:53 pm

slack_academic wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:USD gives way better scholarship/financial aid to students...
Go ahead and provide some proof for this.

and since you seem so concerned with preftige and quality...

--LinkRemoved--
http://www.sandiego.edu/cas/polisci/faculty/

You can compare the faculties of these departments and see who is more preftigious. I picked a common UG major for law students, but I'd be willing to bet most majors would have a higher quality research faculty at UCSD.

edit: and are we just assuming students can go to whatever school they want? Are we just disregarding selectivity here? Because that's incredibly stupid...
UCSD is TOP notch in almost anything especially at graduate level. It's an AWESOME choice if you don't get a good finacial deal from a favorite private school and get rejected from LA and Berkeley.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”