UCI Ranking prediction Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
LiquidJames

New

Re: UCI Ranking prediction

Post by LiquidJames » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:29 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
LiquidJames wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:11 pages of UCI

really?
how have you been trolling for over 1000 posts and not banned yet? you contribute nothing to the conversation except uci bashing
Dude, you've contributed nothing good to this forum. Dre has opened up my mind about the world of pencils. What have you done? Other than push a TTTTTTTTTTT onto us?
i am not trying to push anything onto anyone, i am not a religious freak, all i am saying is chapman is a competitive school in socal, and i think it is/will be better than uci, that is all

scretcher

New

Post by scretcher » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:29 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
LiquidJames wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:11 pages of UCI

really?
how have you been trolling for over 1000 posts and not banned yet? you contribute nothing to the conversation except uci bashing
Dude, you've contributed nothing good to this forum. Dre has opened up my mind about the world of pencils. What have you done? Other than push a TTTTTTTTTTT onto us?
the man has created an alternate universe:
LiquidJames wrote:Sidenote: Where do you think chapman compares with other schools in the state? is it Stanford, Cal, UCLA/Chapman/USC?

LiquidJames

New

Post by LiquidJames » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:10 am

right now? in terms of quality of education, not ranking, i think stanford/cal/LA/USC/chapman/davis/hastings/loyola/pepperdine/USD/u of SF/mcgeorge/southwestern/western state/cal western/lincoln/san joaquin valley/uci/people's college

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:13 am

Chapman trolling? the fuckin shit is this

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:16 am

to put this chapman nonsense to rest:

http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=chapman

33.7%

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LiquidJames

New

Post by LiquidJames » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:22 am

dr123 wrote:to put this chapman nonsense to rest:

33.7%
i was talking about quality of education, not employment, and i think that employment number is not accurate

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:23 am

dr123 wrote:Chapman trolling? the fuckin shit is this

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:24 am

LiquidJames wrote:

33.7%
i was talking about quality of education, not employment, and i think that employment number is not accurate
How does 'quality of education' matter if you cant get a job?

LiquidJames

New

Post by LiquidJames » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:41 am

dr123 wrote:
LiquidJames wrote:

33.7%
can you stop being so rude please?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:45 am

LiquidJames wrote:
dr123 wrote:
LiquidJames wrote:

33.7%
can you stop being so rude please?
not being rude. care to answer the question?

LiquidJames

New

Post by LiquidJames » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:46 am

i said the data is probably incorrect, as i know 90% of my fellow classmates have jobs lined up after graduation

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:50 am

so... your anecdata is more reliable than the data your school reported to NALP?

LiquidJames

New

Post by LiquidJames » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:03 am

dr123 wrote:so... your anecdata is more reliable than the data your school reported to NALP?
so if i saw something happen, i must be dreaming and hallucinating because some other people said otherwise right?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jselson

Platinum

Post by jselson » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:05 am

LiquidJames wrote:
dr123 wrote:so... your anecdata is more reliable than the data your school reported to NALP?
so if i saw something happen, i must be dreaming and hallucinating because some other people said otherwise right?
Why would a school underreport its own data?

LiquidJames

New

Post by LiquidJames » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:07 am

can u guys stop trying to hijack the thread? it's about how shitty UCI is, leave chapman out of it, where's dr.dre when u need him

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:08 am

jselson wrote:
LiquidJames wrote:
Why would a school underreport its own data?
yea plus maybe you just hang out with the 33% that find jobs. unless you did an independent polling of all of your classmates you're just talking out of your ass bro.

ammanley

New

Post by ammanley » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:09 am

LiquidJames wrote:can u guys stop trying to hijack the thread? it's about how shitty UCI is, leave chapman out of it, where's dr.dre when u need him
Its relevant because you claimed, among other things, that one reason UCI will be bad is because Chapman is by far superior.

You say 90% of your friends are employed. The question though is, how employed are they? And of course more importantly, how employed is the entire class?

The ABA and NALP enforce specific reporting standards on jobs, which includes among other things, how many students are employed, where they are employed, and if they are using their JD.

You must understand that when such data is available publicly, we understandably are a bit taken aback when your own claim conflicts so much with the public data. Not saying you're wrong, but maybe some supporting details like where these people are placing? By all accounts, a school would seem to have every incentive to report a job rate as high as possible to place in rankings so...

Edit: If you can't or don't wish to answer the question thats cool too. No one's trying to attack your anything here.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

scretcher

New

Post by scretcher » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:11 pm

LiquidJames wrote:can you stop being so rude please?
People are rude to trolls. It's just inherent.

You do know you're a troll, right?

Edit: Just to be clear, us being rude has nothing to do with the fact that you love Chapman. It's because none of the ridiculous things you have claimed have any factual basis, including the "90%" employment rate you just championed. There are so many reasons that number is entirely useless.

Dmini7

Silver

Post by Dmini7 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Have you ever thought your classmates are lying about having employment lined up? On a different note: What make you say the quality of education is better at chapman than those other schools? I mean, how do you determine the ranking? I would argue the quality of education is actually best at UCI due to their small class sizes and the professors invested interest on seeing them succeed. UCI is new so the professors have to do all they can to make sure they pump out decent lawyers. Others may disagree which is fine, but I was just curious on what makes you say one school's quality of education is better than others. What factors are important for that?

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:48 pm

Dmini7 wrote:Have you ever thought your classmates are lying about having employment lined up? On a different note: What make you say the quality of education is better at chapman than those other schools? I mean, how do you determine the ranking? I would argue the quality of education is actually best at UCI due to their small class sizes and the professors invested interest on seeing them succeed. UCI is new so the professors have to do all they can to make sure they pump out decent lawyers. Others may disagree which is fine, but I was just curious on what makes you say one school's quality of education is better than others. What factors are important for that?
quality of education doesn't matter at all
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scretcher

New

Post by scretcher » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:56 pm

Borhas wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:Have you ever thought your classmates are lying about having employment lined up? On a different note: What make you say the quality of education is better at chapman than those other schools? I mean, how do you determine the ranking? I would argue the quality of education is actually best at UCI due to their small class sizes and the professors invested interest on seeing them succeed. UCI is new so the professors have to do all they can to make sure they pump out decent lawyers. Others may disagree which is fine, but I was just curious on what makes you say one school's quality of education is better than others. What factors are important for that?
maybe to you, but it does to others

and obviously it has nothing to do with employment, bar passage rate, small class sizes, or scholarly impact of professors

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Dmini7

Silver

Post by Dmini7 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Borhas wrote:
I don't think I said it mattered anywhere. I was just curious how he came up with his ranking...

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:43 pm

scretcher wrote:
Borhas wrote:
maybe to you, but it does to others

and obviously it has nothing to do with employment, bar passage rate, small class sizes, or scholarly impact of professors
it doesn't matter to anyone who matters

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Dmini7 wrote:
Borhas wrote:
I don't think I said it mattered anywhere. I was just curious how he came up with his ranking...
his rankings don't matter either

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:17 pm

quality of education only matters in undergrad

law school is all about getting em jerbs

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”