Michigan at sticker or UCLA with $$$? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sinfiery

Gold

Re: Michigan at sticker or UCLA with $$$?

Post by sinfiery » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:04 pm

I just don't see a T14 with a 3.4 and the scholarship money that GPA brings being worth it for someone who wants to 100% do PI.

Did you apply to BU? George Washington?

You should try to find a decent east coast school with as close to a full ride as you can get for your goals IMO

ETA: If UCLA can get you back to where you want to work or if you are comfortable with PI in CA, that isn't a bad option.
Last edited by sinfiery on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:05 pm

TripTrip wrote: The scholarship shows as 0 because these applicants didn't bother to enter the money. All but one of the ones I checked got in in late December under ED, which would imply they got the cash.
ED full ride is a new thing, I believe the first year was 2011 or 12, can't remember.

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:08 pm

sinfiery wrote:
TripTrip wrote: The scholarship shows as 0 because these applicants didn't bother to enter the money. All but one of the ones I checked got in in late December under ED, which would imply they got the cash.
ED full ride is a new thing, I believe the first year was 2011 or 12, can't remember.
Ah, my bad. Then NU goes down to about 50/50 for EDs with OP's #s getting $150k. I'm less convinced that's the best option.

WokeUpInACar

Platinum

Post by WokeUpInACar » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:09 pm

sinfiery wrote:
Last cycle was the first time they offered it. There's just no way any non-URM with a 3.4 is going to get the 150k.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”