H vs. Duke ($$$$) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Help!

Harvard (~$208k)
56%
Duke (~$80k)
44%

Total votes: 84

dawyzest1

Bronze

Re: H vs. Duke ($$$$)

Post by dawyzest1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Thank you to everyone who contributed here. I made my choice today and I chose Harvard. Ultimately, I think it is a safer play and it will keep a wider array of pathways open for me. Good luck to anyone else out there still deciding! I hope your choices are easier than this one, because this one sucked in a MAJOR way.

NanaP

Bronze

Post by NanaP » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:10 pm

dawyzest1 wrote:Thank you to everyone who contributed here. I made my choice today and I chose Harvard. Ultimately, I think it is a safer play and it will keep a wider array of pathways open for me. Good luck to anyone else out there still deciding! I hope your choices are easier than this one, because this one sucked in a MAJOR way.

Good luck...that's a lot of debt to take on....but ultimately you do what makes you happy

Real Madrid

Silver

Post by Real Madrid » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:15 pm

dissonance1848 wrote:Since OP does not want NYC biglaw, this really does tip things in favor of Harvard.

The CW is that one should only take HYS with big debt vs. other T14 with little debt if
you want to clerk, academia, biggov.... and secondary markets without ties.

Since OP wants basically secondary markets, not NYC, they basically have to go to Harvard
if they want a real shot. If they end up at median/below from Duke, they will have little debt,
but will be shut out of biglaw, period.

If they want biglaw, they need Harvard, even with the debt.
That's better.

Real Madrid

Silver

Post by Real Madrid » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:16 pm

dawyzest1 wrote:Thank you to everyone who contributed here. I made my choice today and I chose Harvard. Ultimately, I think it is a safer play and it will keep a wider array of pathways open for me. Good luck to anyone else out there still deciding! I hope your choices are easier than this one, because this one sucked in a MAJOR way.
Talk about champagne problems.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”