Remember when sticker at T10 seemed like a good idea?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sinfiery

Re: Remember when sticker at T10 seemed like a good idea?

Postby sinfiery » Thu May 23, 2013 9:37 am

IAFG wrote:
dixiecupdrinking wrote:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see IBR/PAYE become a backdoor to the well-publicly-funded educational system we should have like every other advanced country.

It does indeed seem where things are headed, which is disturbing. The schools with the audacity to charge the most tuition and admit as many gullible people as possible win, state schools fighting to keep tuition low lose. And PE firms investing in for-profit education make out like bandits.

Maybe when the government sees the disproportionate school to use of PAYE ratios come out they will do something...but yeah, this is troubling.

timbs4339

Postby timbs4339 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:44 am

The government is not going to do anything. Like many policies in this county, there are a very few people who are very heavily invested in the current system and will pay obscene amounts of money to keep i the way it is. And then there's everyone else, who are running around with their heads cut off. If there was public will, we'd have reformed the system by now.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Thu May 23, 2013 10:05 am

timbs4339 wrote:The government is not going to do anything. Like many policies in this county, there are a very few people who are very heavily invested in the current system and will pay obscene amounts of money to keep i the way it is. And then there's everyone else, who are running around with their heads cut off. If there was public will, we'd have reformed the system by now.

I read somewhere that the for-profit assholes roped in the NAACP to defend them continuing to get shitty Pell Grants.

The Valkyrie

Postby The Valkyrie » Thu May 23, 2013 10:52 am

pepperidge farm remembers.

dixiecupdrinking

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Thu May 23, 2013 12:20 pm

IAFG wrote:
dixiecupdrinking wrote:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see IBR/PAYE become a backdoor to the well-publicly-funded educational system we should have like every other advanced country.

It does indeed seem where things are headed, which is disturbing. The schools with the audacity to charge the most tuition and admit as many gullible people as possible win, state schools fighting to keep tuition low lose. And PE firms investing in for-profit education make out like bandits.

Yeah. It's precisely the kind of absolute worst-case melding of private enterprise and government subsidization that we love in this country.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”