Pepperdine vs. Boston College Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Pepperdine vs BC

Pepperdine ($90,000)
64%
Boston College (Full Price)
36%

Total votes: 25

californiauser

Silver

Re: Pepperdine vs. Boston College

Post by californiauser » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:57 am

froglee wrote:
zorro.99 wrote:I have 90k at Pepperdine with a top 50% stip and would be paying full price at BC.

I'll be taking on no debt as I'm very lucky to have my parents footing the bill.

Interested in Entertainment Law but I'm pretty open as to what area I'd like to practice in, but enjoying the next three years is very important to me. Looking to eventually end up in California.

Any input is most appreciated!! Thanks!
Pepperdine will give you many opportunities in entertainment laws. I know many Pepperdine law people working for hollywood big shots. Many biglaws hire from Pepperdin for their entertainment law practice.

I know someone who won the lottery. Skip law school and play the lottery instead.

zorro.99

New

Post by zorro.99 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:06 am

Doorkeeper wrote:Retake and reapply. Boost that LSAT by 5 points and you'll be looking at T14 schools or USC/UCLA.
Waitlisted today at USC so keep your fingers crossed for me!!

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:31 am

zorro.99 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
rad lulz wrote:If your parents are okay with blowing $250k, BC.
This.

Also OP what happened to just finding a place to party your face off for three years on your parents dime?
That's why I'm thinking Pepperdine might be more up my alley.

I visited Boston a couple weeks ago and wasn't too thrilled by BC or BU. Definitely not the experience I'm looking for, but I can't help but try and be reasonable by looking for the best option.

REALLY hoping to get off one of the 5 waitlists I'm on... keep your fingers crossed for me!
Did u apply Hastings? Hastings looks like a perfect fit for you ? Party in the city and very decent entertainment law pragram

zorro.99

New

Post by zorro.99 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:58 am

maxmartin wrote:
zorro.99 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
rad lulz wrote:If your parents are okay with blowing $250k, BC.
This.

Also OP what happened to just finding a place to party your face off for three years on your parents dime?

I visited Boston a couple weeks ago and wasn't too thrilled by BC or BU. Definitely not the experience I'm looking for, but I can't help but try and be reasonable by looking for the best option.

REALLY hoping to get off one of the 5 waitlists I'm on... keep your fingers crossed for me!
Did u apply Hastings? Hastings looks like a perfect fit for you ? Party in the city and very decent entertainment law pragram
Yes, in at Hastings but also with no $

zorro.99

New

Post by zorro.99 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:21 am

nebula666 wrote:
zorro.99 wrote:
nebula666 wrote:Explain to me what entertainment law is please
do some reading.

http://lawweb.usc.edu/why/academics/cer ... inment.cfm

http://www.law.ucla.edu/academic-progra ... fault.aspx
Good luck with that! I'm sure you'll become a bigtime Hollywood agent from Pepperdine rofl.
You seem pleasant!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:42 pm

zorro.99 wrote:
maxmartin wrote:
zorro.99 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:If your parents are okay with blowing $250k, BC.
This.

Yes, in at Hastings but also with no $[/quote]

sticker at Hastings makes more sense than sticker at BC in your case, if you want to enjoy the life and work in CA later

Meepo

New

Post by Meepo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:20 am

BC is the best school in boston other than havard, and i certainly think it will be easier to get a job with a BC degree in MA than pepperdine degree in CA when there r so many more graduating students

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”