Northwestern ($$$) v. Duke ($$$) v. UVA ($$)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which school should I go to?

Northwestern - Total CoA $83,558
23%
Duke - Total CoA $100,302
72%
UVA - Total CoA $151,257
4%

Total votes: 69

bernaldiaz

Re: Northwestern ($$$) v. Duke ($$$) v. UVA ($$)

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:56 pm

1000% percent Duke

Jaqen

Postby Jaqen » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:13 am

bernaldiaz wrote:1000% percent Duke

framboozer

Postby framboozer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:21 pm

While the posts were unanimous, the polls were hilariously not. Only 70% for Duke. I'm chalking the voting up to people voting on which scholarship of mine they want. :lol:

Anyway, I did end up withdrawing from Northwestern, as the deadline for me to claim my scholarship was Friday. It was tough giving up that money, but I think I made the right choice for myself.

untar614

Postby untar614 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:22 pm

framboozer wrote:While the posts were unanimous, the polls were hilariously not. Only 70% for Duke. I'm chalking the voting up to people voting on which scholarship of mine they want. :lol:

Anyway, I did end up withdrawing from Northwestern, as the deadline for me to claim my scholarship was Friday. It was tough giving up that money, but I think I made the right choice for myself.

Hope it all works out well. I think you said Duke upped ur scholly, correct? Did they match NW, or what did they give you?

framboozer

Postby framboozer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:34 pm

They upped it just before I posted. That's why I said there was more of a debate when I was typing everything out, because at the time it wasn't so obviously Duke and I just got back from visiting NU. Duke gave me $105K and they upped it to $120K. As small an increase as it was, I had already said before to my family that $120K at Duke was competitive with $150K at Northwestern for me, so they pretty much read my mind. I was surprised they even gave me more in the first place, because I checked LSN and when I sorted it by financial awards I was already outperforming my numbers with 105K. I had no illusions of them matching NU.

Jaqen

Postby Jaqen » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:35 pm

framboozer wrote:They upped it just before I posted. That's why I said there was more of a debate when I was typing everything out, because at the time it wasn't so obviously Duke and I just got back from visiting NU. Duke gave me $105K and they upped it to $120K. As small an increase as it was, I had already said before to my family that $120K at Duke was competitive with $150K at Northwestern for me, so they pretty much read my mind. I was surprised they even gave me more in the first place, because I checked LSN and when I sorted it by financial awards I was already outperforming my numbers with 105K. I had no illusions of them matching NU.

That's awesome, congrats, and enjoy Duke! :mrgreen:

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:46 pm

framboozer wrote:They upped it just before I posted. That's why I said there was more of a debate when I was typing everything out, because at the time it wasn't so obviously Duke and I just got back from visiting NU. Duke gave me $105K and they upped it to $120K. As small an increase as it was, I had already said before to my family that $120K at Duke was competitive with $150K at Northwestern for me, so they pretty much read my mind. I was surprised they even gave me more in the first place, because I checked LSN and when I sorted it by financial awards I was already outperforming my numbers with 105K. I had no illusions of them matching NU.

Just to be clear- they raised your scholarship unprompted or after you showed them the NU offer? Either way congrats!

framboozer

Postby framboozer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:03 pm

I showed them the NU letter and explained my sincere desire to attend Duke and my connection to the school.

framboozer

Postby framboozer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Jaqen wrote:

That's awesome, congrats, and enjoy Duke! :mrgreen:

Thank you.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”