BU vs. W&M

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which one?

BU @ 100k
46%
W&M @ 55k
54%

Total votes: 13

jwill

BU vs. W&M

Postby jwill » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Trying to choose between these two schools. Closer ties to New England, but want to work in the DC/mid-atlantic area. Would ideally like to begin by practicing law at a medium to large firm in a regulatory-facing area (thinking tax at the moment).

COA for W&M is $55k, BU is $100k

Have been to both schools and loved both. BU definitely felt like more of a professional school and it seemed to have better employment outcomes, but basically it comes down to whether I'd want to go straight into government work (from W&M) or start at a firm (BU).

Anyone have any perspective? For the record, I won't be retaking even though I'm sure some people will advise that.

cinephile

Re: BU vs. W&M

Postby cinephile » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:08 pm

Don't waste your money, go to W&M.

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:24 pm

Go to W&M but only if you are ok not working in a medium or large firm.
Why can't you retake, specifically?

jwill

Postby jwill » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Thanks for the responses, guys. It's more an issue of not having time and having top notch softs that will likely matter less if I take time off and work a subpar job.

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:35 pm

jwill wrote:Thanks for the responses, guys. It's more an issue of not having time and having top notch softs that will likely matter less if I take time off and work a subpar job.

How can a "top notch soft" become worth less over time? How do you not have time?
Still, if you wont retake, take W&M.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”