UT vs Minn (and a few outside options) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jbagelboy

Diamond

Re: UT vs Minn (and a few outside options)

Post by jbagelboy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:35 am

Minnesota full ride is not a bad option. UT with basically tuition paid for you or minimal stafford is a pretty decent one. Many would kill for this. I would find it hardly compelling to retake at this juncture if your parents are willing to help; that is critical and its what people are forgetting. Now, if your family situation was different and it was all loans at UT or all loans for minnesota CoL, I would advise retake for your goals. you just have to decide how you want to spend their money.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:06 am

jbagelboy wrote:Minnesota full ride is not a bad option. UT with basically tuition paid for you or minimal stafford is a pretty decent one. Many would kill for this. I would find it hardly compelling to retake at this juncture if your parents are willing to help; that is critical and its what people are forgetting. Now, if your family situation was different and it was all loans at UT or all loans for minnesota CoL, I would advise retake for your goals. you just have to decide how you want to spend their money.
Didn't forget it, just thought it was dumb to spend tens of thousands of someone else's money if you don't have to. Maybe he can save them money and they will give him that money to use as a down payment on a house or something. I'd rather spend 200 bucks on a test if it meant saving 30K+ in real dollars.

romanticegotist

Gold

Post by romanticegotist » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:29 am

BigZuck wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:Minnesota full ride is not a bad option. UT with basically tuition paid for you or minimal stafford is a pretty decent one. Many would kill for this. I would find it hardly compelling to retake at this juncture if your parents are willing to help; that is critical and its what people are forgetting. Now, if your family situation was different and it was all loans at UT or all loans for minnesota CoL, I would advise retake for your goals. you just have to decide how you want to spend their money.
Didn't forget it, just thought it was dumb to spend tens of thousands of someone else's money if you don't have to. Maybe he can save them money and they will give him that money to use as a down payment on a house or something. I'd rather spend 200 bucks on a test if it meant saving 30K+ in real dollars.
Definitely. Since not all of it will be self-financed it's a little bit different. I'll take a practice test this weekend to see where I'm at.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”