BC/UGA

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
WanderingPondering

BC/UGA

Postby WanderingPondering » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:37 pm

I'm back, with an updated decision to be made. My choices are between uga and BC. I am from Georgia, but have lived in the northeast the last 5 years and don't really want to live in Georgia anymore. Atlanta would be fine, all the other towns, not so much. I would much rather live in Boston, and have some connections there but nothing too great.

I've nearly ruled out other regional schools (WUSTL, W&M, BU, Emory, Fordham, etc) that would either cost more or put me in regions I'm not comfortable in. This is baring an unexpected scholarship increase.

This is the total COA, including living expenses for me to each school. My parents would let me take out 0.1% loans from them, which I'm really fortunate for.

I have a really bad GPA (right around 3.0), so I'm pretty happy to have gotten some pretty decent scholarships considering my college grades.

UGA - 50k
BC - 90k

Thanks!

ATR

Re: BC/UGA

Postby ATR » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:05 pm

If you don't want to work in GA, don't go to UGA -- at least that's pretty simple. $90K isn't awful for BC IMO; just be aware of the limitations. At least you have some connections there. NYC may be a possibility if you do very well.

BlueJeanBaby

Re: BC/UGA

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:22 pm

ATR wrote:If you don't want to work in GA, don't go to UGA -- at least that's pretty simple. $90K isn't awful for BC IMO; just be aware of the limitations. At least you have some connections there. NYC may be a possibility if you do very well.

I agree with this. I'd pay the extra money to live somewhere I want to live for what could be the rest of my life.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”