OCU v OU

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
cooldude87

OCU v OU

Postby cooldude87 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:47 pm

I'm from Oklahoma, OU would be 20k/yr, no scholly but instate. OCU would be about 7k/year. OU has better employment numbers but not by a whole lot. Is it worth the extra money.

Lord Randolph McDuff

Re: OCU v OU

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:22 pm

cooldude87 wrote: OU has better employment numbers but not by a whole lot.

If you are basing that off of Law School Transparency, I'd be careful. LST is a great tool but it is not the end all be all for employment. Other than firms over 100+ attorneys or Art. III clerks, LST doesn't discriminate between job types unless you get lost in a bunch of clicks and double clicks. That is why schools like LSU have higher employment scores than schools like GULC.

Basically, while both OU and OCU graduates get jobs, OU grads get the better jobs. There are of course exceptions, but that is the basic rule.

Yes OU is worth 40k more over the course of a 40 year career, IMO.

tmoney

Postby tmoney » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:28 pm

OU. Hands down. As long as you are ok with working in Oklahoma.

ArchieHicox

Postby ArchieHicox » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:44 am

cooldude87 wrote:Forget what I said earlier, new guidelines

If you get into HYS, go
If not don't

What happened to that thinking dude?

cooldude87 wrote:TTTTulane should not be attended unless one has a full ride

cooldude87 wrote:don't go to ttttemple unless you have a full ride

Dude, how can you even consider Oklahoma City University (a true TTT) when you've slammed much more respectable schools? And without even a full ride?

As to which one you should pick, I wouldn't pick either. Considering you said this about Oklahoma,

cooldude87 wrote:I'm not a resident of either state nor do I have connections to either state, but I am from a bordering state. I don't want to go to my state school because I want to leave my state.

If that is true, going to Oklahoma City University School of Law would completely fuck you over. I'm struggling to even give advice because you are one of the biggest hypocrites I've ever encountered. I don't mind the "don't go" advice.... not a fan of it but I get it. But at least people like, rad lulz, who give that advice are consistent. You are just unbelievable.

I don't understand how you can consider these schools considering your bold proclamations...... I guess I would take University of Nebraska at full-ride, re-take, or just maybe.. don't go.

sublime

Postby sublime » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:48 am

DwightSchruteFarms

Postby DwightSchruteFarms » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:55 am

pwned, +1

Username123

Postby Username123 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:09 am

Yes!!!

byronmullens

Postby byronmullens » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:56 pm

After seeing the OP comments on previous posts I'd say the best option would be not going to law school in Oklahoma. You obviously don't want to practice there, law school is difficult as is, and you'd come off badly with Oklahoma employers if that's your attitude . All of your "advice" doesn't help other prospective students.

In case someone else is considering between OU and OCU, I think empirical evidence provides the best answer. Why would OCU students on scholarship transfer to OU w/o any scholarship? The better employment prospects. Also if looking to practice outside of Oklahoma, go to school outside of Oklahoma.

1. Difficult times are ahead for OCU, this year their class fell by 10%. Next they are spending a lot of money renovating a new building with fewer students to support it financially. This means tuition increases.

2. Next DFW students will look to Texas A&M and UNT as those options will be more affordable, further reducing the pool of potential students for OCU.

3. Tulsa has differentiated itself from OCU, its numbers are much better and has reduced its class size to improve the credentials of students.

Lord Randolph McDuff

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:18 pm

byronmullens wrote:After seeing the OP comments on previous posts I'd say the best option would be not going to law school in Oklahoma. You obviously don't want to practice there, law school is difficult as is, and you'd come off badly with Oklahoma employers if that's your attitude . All of your "advice" doesn't help other prospective students.

In case someone else is considering between OU and OCU, I think empirical evidence provides the best answer. Why would OCU students on scholarship transfer to OU w/o any scholarship? The better employment prospects. Also if looking to practice outside of Oklahoma, go to school outside of Oklahoma.

1. Difficult times are ahead for OCU, this year their class fell by 10%. Next they are spending a lot of money renovating a new building with fewer students to support it financially. This means tuition increases.

2. Next DFW students will look to Texas A&M and UNT as those options will be more affordable, further reducing the pool of potential students for OCU.

3. Tulsa has differentiated itself from OCU, its numbers are much better and has reduced its class size to improve the credentials of students.

Yeah. wouldn't surprise me if T-Boone bought OCU and moved it up to stillwater, ala Texas A&M and Weslyn

TheNextAmendment

Postby TheNextAmendment » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:45 pm

I thought I recognized OP...Nice job ha-ri. That's incredible.

Oklahoma2014

Postby Oklahoma2014 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:06 pm

OU at full price > OCU at full scholarship.

At least that was my formula when I was choosing an Oklahoma law school.

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 am

Oklahoma2014 wrote:OU at full price > OCU at full scholarship.

At least that was my formula when I was choosing an Oklahoma law school.

This. There's absolutely no reason at all that anyone should ever consider OCU at any price. Ever.

Also, lulz at cooldude87. SMDH.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:36 am

Nothing to see here...

Return to “Choosing a Law School”