Looking for the best law school experience

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
cim_can

Re: Looking for the best law school experience

Postby cim_can » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:46 pm

1) Law school; 2) strong social scene; 3) great friends.

One of these things is not quite like the others. I'm not saying that you can't be social and make friends in law school. It just doesn't lend itself to that happening easily. Law school requires you to be in the library a huge amount, reading.

Since it doesn't seem like you're going to choose a law school for the academic experience and to maximize your professional future, who cares where you go? Both BC and BU will give you the ability to drink all you want at Boston bars and skip class.

bizzybone1313

Postby bizzybone1313 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:09 pm

zorro.99 wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:Did you apply to UT Austin? One of the best bangs for the buck in the country. Great weather. Great social scene. Solid law degree in case you actually do want a job practicing law. It sounds like your numbers would be competitive. I would try to apply even if it is a little late in the app. season.

Unfortunately got rejected!

Not surprised. UT is very difficult to get into for people outside the state of Texas. This is part of the reason why TLS hates on the school so much. Luckily for me, I am from Texas. :).

I have been to Miami before. Awesome place. I highly recommend it, but not in terms of attending that school for law. Miami isn't ranked highly enough even for what you are trying to do.

If I were in your shoes, I would apply to UCLA, UT-Austin and Northwestern every year until I got admitted. You would get a solid education and access to world-class cities to party. Retake the LSAT to make you more competitive if you absolutely have to.

eric922

Postby eric922 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:02 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:
zorro.99 wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:Did you apply to UT Austin? One of the best bangs for the buck in the country. Great weather. Great social scene. Solid law degree in case you actually do want a job practicing law. It sounds like your numbers would be competitive. I would try to apply even if it is a little late in the app. season.

Not surprised. UT is very difficult to get into for people outside the state of Texas. This is part of the reason why TLS hates on the school so much. Luckily for me, I am from Texas. :).

I have been to Miami before. Awesome place. I highly recommend it, but not in terms of attending that school for law. Miami isn't ranked highly enough even for what you are trying to do.

If I were in your shoes, I would apply to UCLA, UT-Austin and Northwestern every year until I got admitted. You would get a solid education and access to world-class cities to party. Retake the LSAT to make you more competitive if you absolutely have to.

What about Fordham? He'd be competitive there wouldn't he and I can't think of a better city than New York.

zorro.99

Postby zorro.99 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:56 pm

eric922 wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:
zorro.99 wrote:

What about Fordham? He'd be competitive there wouldn't he and I can't think of a better city than New York.

I'm a she! But I'm waitlisted at Fordham, so if I end up getting in that would be great

Return to “Choosing a Law School”