(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Re: T9-14 ~sticker / T18 ($$) / T1 ($$$$)

Postby romothesavior » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:03 pm

Darienk wrote:Facing a similar decision. The question I keep asking myself is: Go into $250k debt for a slightly more reputable school, or go to a good (not great) school for less than $75K in debt?... Great jobs are available in both situations, yet the latter renders a greater amount of flexibility. Tough decision. Every person will have a different answer, and I think it is best to trust your gut. No one can answer this question for you. Go with your intuition.

Eh... as someone who goes to one of these "good, not great" schools you're talking about, I think you're underestimating the difference. "Great jobs are available in both situations" if you're in the top quarter of the class, but the options for someone at median at a T20+ are a lot different than someone at median at a T14. Even MVPD vs. Vandy is a pretty big difference in placement. I still agree with your ultimate conclusion (i.e., sub-100k debt for a T20 is better than $200k+ for a T15, or sub-75k debt for a T20 is better than ~$200k for a T14), but I just don't want you to underestimate the difference in placement.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”