BU vs. BC

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
BCLS
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: BU vs. BC

Postby BCLS » Sun May 19, 2013 8:24 pm

BCPride wrote:
Blindmelon wrote:
BCPride wrote:I would also like to say that when I decided BC over BU money was by far the biggest factor, but feel is significant. BC is VERY collegial (read: we all get drunk together...a lot). The school atmosphere is very pleasant, people will always share notes and outlines, help each other out if struggling, and invest their time in making the school a better place. BC students generally all live near each other and hang out together, hence the feeling of community. I got the impression that BU students didn't have the same environment when I visited.


Everyone I've talked to about BC makes it sound like an extension of college. If you're straight out, thats probably a good thing. If you're not, you might find BU more inviting.



I took 2 years off and love BC, but to each their own.

Loved BC here as well. BC ITCR

ItsMyTimeBoston
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: BU vs. BC

Postby ItsMyTimeBoston » Mon May 20, 2013 10:23 am

BCLS wrote:
BCPride wrote:
Blindmelon wrote:
BCPride wrote:I would also like to say that when I decided BC over BU money was by far the biggest factor, but feel is significant. BC is VERY collegial (read: we all get drunk together...a lot). The school atmosphere is very pleasant, people will always share notes and outlines, help each other out if struggling, and invest their time in making the school a better place. BC students generally all live near each other and hang out together, hence the feeling of community. I got the impression that BU students didn't have the same environment when I visited.


Everyone I've talked to about BC makes it sound like an extension of college. If you're straight out, thats probably a good thing. If you're not, you might find BU more inviting.



I took 2 years off and love BC, but to each their own.

Loved BC here as well. BC ITCR


I'm closer to 30 and love BC. There's little to no immaturity and everyone (students, faculty and staff) are all very warm and helpful. There's a great community feeling at BC.

User avatar
Blindmelon
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Re: BU vs. BC

Postby Blindmelon » Mon May 20, 2013 4:21 pm

ItsMyTimeBoston wrote:I'm closer to 30 and love BC. There's little to no immaturity and everyone (students, faculty and staff) are all very warm and helpful. There's a great community feeling at BC.


A lot of BC students on this board apparently. I'd echo most of this for BU.

colonelnerd
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:04 pm

Re: BU vs. BC

Postby colonelnerd » Tue May 21, 2013 11:36 am

OP here.

I just want to thank everyone who weighed in on this thread, particularly those who attend or attended one of the two schools. There was a bit of trolling (inevitable), but I know this has been helpful for me and I'm sure it will be for others.

In case anyone wanted to know, I ultimately decided BC because of the great experience I had with all the the alums I talked to. Of course this is a very small sample size, and only in my experience, but BC alums just seemed far more open and happy to help. It was that sense of community that made the difference to me. This is not to say that BU is any lesser in my view; this was just my experience.

Thanks again all!
Last edited by colonelnerd on Wed May 22, 2013 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Blindmelon
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Re: BU vs. BC

Postby Blindmelon » Tue May 21, 2013 11:47 am

colonelnerd wrote:OP here.

I just want to thank everyone who weighed in on this thread, particularly those who attend or attended one of the two schools. There was a bit of trolling (inevitable), but I know this has been helpful for me and I'm sure it will be for others.

In case anyone wanted to know, I ultimately decided BC because of the great experience I had with all the the alums I talked to. Of course this is a very small sample size, and only in my experience, but BC alums just seemed far more open and happy to help. It was that sense of community that made the difference to me. This is not to say that BU is any lesser in my view; this was just my view.

Thanks again all!


Congrats on the decision!

BCLS
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: BU vs. BC

Postby BCLS » Tue May 21, 2013 12:51 pm

colonelnerd wrote:OP here.

I just want to thank everyone who weighed in on this thread, particularly those who attend or attended one of the two schools. There was a bit of trolling (inevitable), but I know this has been helpful for me and I'm sure it will be for others.

In case anyone wanted to know, I ultimately decided BC because of the great experience I had with all the the alums I talked to. Of course this is a very small sample size, and only in my experience, but BC alums just seemed far more open and happy to help. It was that sense of community that made the difference to me. This is not to say that BU is any lesser in my view; this was just my view.

Thanks again all!

you made a good choice!! Congrats.

ItsMyTimeBoston
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: BU vs. BC

Postby ItsMyTimeBoston » Tue May 21, 2013 7:01 pm

colonelnerd wrote:OP here.

I just want to thank everyone who weighed in on this thread, particularly those who attend or attended one of the two schools. There was a bit of trolling (inevitable), but I know this has been helpful for me and I'm sure it will be for others.

In case anyone wanted to know, I ultimately decided BC because of the great experience I had with all the the alums I talked to. Of course this is a very small sample size, and only in my experience, but BC alums just seemed far more open and happy to help. It was that sense of community that made the difference to me. This is not to say that BU is any lesser in my view; this was just my view.

Thanks again all!


Welcome to BC! You'll find that same "open and happy to help" attitude throughout most all aspects of the school.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests