Don't be so quick to pass on state u!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
TheBarnYard

Don't be so quick to pass on state u!

Postby TheBarnYard » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:07 am

:|
Last edited by TheBarnYard on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

toothbrush

Re: Don't be so quick to pass on state u!

Postby toothbrush » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:08 am

TheBarnYard wrote:I graduated from Harvard Law in 1981 and I enjoyed the experience of attending a great school. This message is for those who are qualified to attend top five law schools (HARVARD, Yale, Columbia, New York, Chicago). I am seeing a trend of big law going after the top five-percent of both state and some private law schools. Big law is looking for value in their new hires, in other words big law firms would rather hire people from schools like the University of North Carolina, Minnesota, and Richmond who graduated in the top five-percent of their class because they can get every bit as much production but for less money. This is not say that one should pass on a top five law school, but one should think about it.

oh god

DeltPreLaw

Postby DeltPreLaw » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:09 am

TheBarnYard wrote:I graduated from Harvard Law in 1981 and I enjoyed the experience of attending a great school. This message is for those who are qualified to attend top five law schools (HARVARD, Yale, Columbia, New York, Chicago). I am seeing a trend of big law going after the top five-percent of both state and some private law schools. Big law is looking for value in their new hires, in other words big law firms would rather hire people from schools like the University of North Carolina, Minnesota, and Richmond who graduated in the top five-percent of their class because they can get every bit as much production but for less money. This is not say that one should pass on a top five law school, but one should think about it.

As a top 5% student from Richmond, Fuck you. I don't want no pancake mix.

TheBarnYard

Postby TheBarnYard » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:12 am

DeltPreLaw wrote:

As a top 5% student from Richmond, Fuck you. I don't want no pancake mix.

I am sorry you feel that way, but you will start seeing more and more top-five talent creeping into your school :lol:

Lincoln

Postby Lincoln » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:13 am

Boomers :roll:

TheBarnYard

Postby TheBarnYard » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:18 am

Lincoln wrote:Boomers :roll:

:lol:

TheBarnYard

Postby TheBarnYard » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:20 am

If any of you guys would like to discuss what I wrote please send me a PM

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:20 am

Your egregious anti-Stanford trolling disgusts me

NYstate

Postby NYstate » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:23 am

OP: most people here know that biglaw pays lockstep salary- they don't get anyone cheaper or pay less for grads from other schools; and, most people know that going to any law school where you need to be top 5% to get a job is suicidal.

You seem to have no knowledge or experience that is useful here. You look like an uninformed idiot to be honest.

TheBarnYard

Postby TheBarnYard » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:24 am

BigZuck wrote:

Your egregious anti-Stanford trolling disgusts me

First, I am not a troll. Second, I do not hate Stanford. Third, I am being serious.

TheBarnYard

Postby TheBarnYard » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:26 am

NYstate wrote:OP: most people here know that biglaw pays lockstep salary- they don't get anyone cheaper or pay less for grads from other schools; and, most people know that going to any law school where you need to be top 5% to get a job is suicidal.

You seem to have no knowledge or experience that is useful here. You look like an uninformed idiot to be honest.

That isn't professional at all, and everyone doesn't make the same money.

J90

Postby J90 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:32 am

TheBarnYard wrote:
NYstate wrote:OP: most people here know that biglaw pays lockstep salary- they don't get anyone cheaper or pay less for grads from other schools; and, most people know that going to any law school where you need to be top 5% to get a job is suicidal.

That isn't professional at all, and everyone doesn't make the same money.

The pay scale for big law is actually fairly uniform. You don't have a bunch of first-year associates making $160,000 and others at $120,000 from lesser schools.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”