Fordham (90K) V Georgetown (sticker)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
hephaestus

Re: Fordham (90K) V Georgetown (sticker)

Postby hephaestus » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:53 am

Nova wrote:
TheNextAmendment wrote:Does attending a T20 at sticker make more sense than attending a T30-50 with nearly a full tuition scholarship.

Attending a T20 at sticker is generally a bad financial decision.

The only defensible decision would probably be UT in state. Even that is too much money.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:23 am

Nova wrote:
TheNextAmendment wrote:Does attending a T20 at sticker make more sense than attending a T30-50 with nearly a full tuition scholarship.

Attending a T20 at sticker is generally a bad financial decision.

Rlabo

Postby Rlabo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:17 am

curious to see how much you guys thing Georgetown would have to give me to make it a viable (doesnt have to be clear) option over fordham?

cahwc12

Postby cahwc12 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:45 am

Rlabo wrote:curious to see how much you guys thing Georgetown would have to give me to make it a viable (doesnt have to be clear) option over fordham?

a full ride or close to it because you want to practice in NYC and you have no COL at fordham. Even at a full ride, you'd be paying $75k for living expenses. I think in your case fordham is probably equivalent in worth as GULC. Fordham sends more graduates into NY biglaw, although it's questionable what percentage is self-selection.

Rlabo

Postby Rlabo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:43 pm

cahwc12 wrote:
Rlabo wrote:curious to see how much you guys thing Georgetown would have to give me to make it a viable (doesnt have to be clear) option over fordham?

a full ride or close to it because you want to practice in NYC and you have no COL at fordham. Even at a full ride, you'd be paying $75k for living expenses. I think in your case fordham is probably equivalent in worth as GULC. Fordham sends more graduates into NY biglaw, although it's questionable what percentage is self-selection.

I would think a lot of people who go to gulc plan to stay in the dc market and/or plan to do smtn government related(bein in dc....)

Return to “Choosing a Law School”