Help Me TLS

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

What Should I DO?

Emory
19%
WUSTL
5%
Job
76%

Total votes: 21

TheThriller

Help Me TLS

Postby TheThriller » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:08 pm

Background

Currently at BigStateU finishing up my senior year in a liberal arts major (classics)

Lsat: 167 June 2012, 167 Feb 2013 (disappointing)
GPA: 3.08 / 3.15 by graduation

Born in Minn, lived their until Xth grade although my parents lived their considerably longer. Moved to ATL (where I/family still live) but went to high school in Chicago. These two cities represent my strongest regional ties with Minn being third since it's more parental ties and connections than anything else.

Options

COA + COL: I have narrowed down these schools as the most viable options at the moment. I was/am fortunate enough to receive some awesome scholly $$$ as well as receiving a loan from my grandpaps instead of a federal loan.

Emory: 80k - with a loan from my grandfather that adjusts upwards .01% every year. It's just the way he does business.
WUSTL: 70k - " "
GW: Sticker
UMN: 90
IUB: 80K But go Hoosiers! Banner UP.

WL'd at:
Vandy

Entry level development job w/ my BSU's Foundation: 30-40k. Room for advancement, highest level career salary is bimodal with University/BigArts development VPs/Directors making 150-200k and smaller 501c3 Directors making 60-80k. If I were to take this job I would sit for the Lsat a third time in Oct.

Comments

Obviously my recent retake of the Lsat is disappointing, considering I was PTing in the high 170s. However, being a splitter, a high lsat would mean a t14 at sticker or a sizable scholarship at a strong regional. Seeing that I have a already received some awesome money at these places, I don't know how much a 3rd retake would do since I am pretty debt adverse.

My main concern is that if I am to take the job and retake in Oct I would be passing up scholarship money that I may very well never see again. I can honestly say I negotiated my butt off for this money and would hate to receive less next year if I reapply (with a hopefully higher Lsat)

bk1

Re: Help Me TLS

Postby bk1 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:13 pm

I think this is a pretty easy case for job. It's a decent entry level one and employers will like seeing it on your resume rather than being a K-JD. Plus it lets you retake the LSAT. If you realize you like the job you can always postpone law school as well.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:24 pm

bk1 wrote:I think this is a pretty easy case for job. It's a decent entry level one and employers will like seeing it on your resume rather than being a K-JD. Plus it lets you retake the LSAT. If you realize you like the job you can always postpone law school as well.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:39 pm

Could make a difference to just apply with a 3.15 instead of a 3.08. I would not go to WUSTL unless you are regional.

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:10 pm

rad lulz wrote:
bk1 wrote:I think this is a pretty easy case for job. It's a decent entry level one and employers will like seeing it on your resume rather than being a K-JD. Plus it lets you retake the LSAT. If you realize you like the job you can always postpone law school as well.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:27 pm

patrickd139 wrote:
rad lulz wrote:

table3

Postby table3 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Bump for a fellow classics major.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”