HELP! MASS College of Law or DUKE!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
dkb17xzx

Re: HELP! MASS College of Law or DUKE!

Postby dkb17xzx » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:17 am

digby12 wrote:
stillwater wrote:OP, don't let these haters tell you what to THANK, you gotta do you. You know in your heart, no matter what, you are getting to the top. Are you gonna let the establishment tell you how to get there? Next thing you know, they'll be dressing you up like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Buy low, sell high.

Bro, you've been speaking my language this whole time. I'm a get me me, and take from them them. Only person giving me real advice on here, real recognize real. And Fuck Dorothy.

These options are real fellas, interesting circumstances I know, but real advice needed

Winston1984

Postby Winston1984 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:25 am

If you really are serious, why not BC or BU with $$? If you were accepted to Duke, you would certainly be eligible for a very nice scholarship at these schools. This would allow you to stay in Boston and avoid debt. If you aren't trolling, why isn't this an option?

digby12

Postby digby12 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:29 am

Well interestingly enough I got rejected at BC. Actually have a solid connection that really helped with Duke. And I didn't even know BU had a law school until now...But I think I'm pretty set on attending law school this fall no matter what.

Winston1984

Postby Winston1984 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:34 am

digby12 wrote:Well interestingly enough I got rejected at BC. Actually have a solid connection that really helped with Duke. And I didn't even know BU had a law school until now...But I think I'm pretty set on attending law school this fall no matter what.

:roll:

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:45 am

That's pretty cool how the Massachusetts School of Law has their own exam in place of the LSAT. I actually read through it on the school's website in the admissions section and it was a cool story. Is that really how law school exams are structured?

natalia44

Postby natalia44 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:42 am

Can you give a little more background? I find it hard to believe you got into a top 10 law school and didn't even know that there were other schools in MA? Maybe you're from Andover or North Shore area which in that case may make sense. Where did you go undergrad? While there are slim amounts of law schools in MA, albeit mostly top 30, it's worth applying to if you haven't already or retake the LSAT and try and apply again next year to BC, BU, maybe Northeastern, Suffolk, New England and even the new UMass school has a lot of potential growth. I'm currently in the process of applying to schools as well and I do recall after my first practice LSAT exam I did poorly and considered MCL (plus have some connections there), I put in a little more practice and ended up scoring well and am looking at better Boston area schools. If you got into Duke your GPA must be pretty good so take the LSAT again is my $.02.

drive4showLSAT4dough

Postby drive4showLSAT4dough » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:52 am

Aside from my snide accreditation question, I think you are not giving Duke its due consideration. They have great pulled pork and basketball.

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:29 am

Very likely alt/troll situation. OP has been warned/banned.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”