BLS v. Uconn v. Penn State v. Cardozo

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Ms. B

Re: BLS v. Uconn v. Penn State v. Cardozo

Postby Ms. B » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:46 pm

amf728 wrote:This thread is depressing; I am a terrible tester, too, so I feel your pain. I am choosing between some of the same schools w/similar scholarship offers and IMHO, if you can go for free at a somewhat lower-ranked school vs paying close to sticker for a higher ranking, why pay the $150k+ when the value of ranking diminishes the closer to graduation you get? I've spent the past several months getting impressions of my accepted schools and the alumni, as I live and work in NYC with attorneys and have friends who have attended all of these schools. Everyone has an opinion, but the general consensus seems to be that if you can avoid debt, do it, and if you know how to network, getting a job won't be as terrible as it sounds. We obviously aren't talking NYU vs Dozo here, so I don't think rankings play as big of a role. I attended the BLS Skadden reception and was impressed by their ties to the legal community and the involvement of the professors, regardless of their ranking drop. Everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt; go to the school where you can see yourself for 3 years of your life and offers the best curriculum and opportunities for you.

+1

Return to “Choosing a Law School”