UW vs. Utah

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

UW at Sticker or Utah with 60%

UW OOS (Total COA of approx $125K)
No votes
Utah In-State (14k/yr Scholarship Total COA of approx $35K)
100%

Total votes: 3

WisemanAEKDB

UW vs. Utah

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Currently waitlisted at UW, but trying very hard to get accepted. If I managed to get accepted, I'd imagine financial aid would be very low. Background: 154 on LSAT 1, 163 on LSAT 2. Currently live in Utah.

My career goals include living in the west coast, specifically Seattle. I would much prefer to set up a career there over Utah. Ties include UG at Utah and nothing to Seattle.

Basically, I am wondering if an additional $90K is worth the money when it comes to picking a location. I really, really want to live in Seattle and have a career there, and I would much prefer not to start a career in Utah.

I posted before regarding UC Davis and the consensus was that Davis was an overpriced school at sticker, and I should retake. Is retake still the real answer here? I'm really not honestly sure I could improve my LSAT a ton more. I studied all I could to improve 9 points before. It's fine if you recommend a retake, but I do want a consensus if $90k additional is a dumb idea to pick a much preferable location. COL is completely taken care of.

K Rock

Re: UW vs. Utah

Postby K Rock » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:23 pm

If you really want to work in Seattle your only safe options are UW or the T-14. $125k is more debt than I would be willing to take on to attend UW. Therefore, unless you want to work in Utah, the only sensible option is to retake.

WisemanAEKDB

Re: UW vs. Utah

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:26 pm

K Rock wrote:If you really want to work in Seattle your only safe options are UW or the T-14. $125k is more debt than I would be willing to take on to attend UW. Therefore, unless you want to work in Utah, the only sensible option is to retake.

How much debt would you be willing to take? They're notoriously stingy with aid, and even some of the top applicants aren't getting more than 5-10K/yr...

Return to “Choosing a Law School”