Michigan vs. Texas vs. Vanderbilt vs. GW HELP!!!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

What is your opinion?

Michigan
57%
Vanderbilt
18%
GW
21%
Texas
4%

Total votes: 28

kingmadu

Michigan vs. Texas vs. Vanderbilt vs. GW HELP!!!

Postby kingmadu » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:56 pm

Right now I am debating between MI, GW, and Vandy for 3 different reason. GW is close to home and would give me a great chance at something with the gov't. Vandy is a good school and gave me good money, but I have no interest in working in the south. Michigan is a very good school and I would like to go there, but is it worth the price tag? I have some interest in TX but nothing too big. After graduation from LS I would like to clerk for a some time before going into antitrust law (Biglaw or Gov't). Want to work in Chicago, D.C., or NY after. The law and econ program, clinical, location, employment are just a few of the things that matter besides cost so any insight would be appreciated.

Vandy- Aid 80K (COA 107K)
GW- 75K (124K)
Michigan- 25K (165K)
Texas- 30K (160K)

Thanks for taking a look and commenting!!!

hopingtogetin

Re: Michigan vs. Texas vs. Vanderbilt vs. GW HELP!!!

Postby hopingtogetin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:16 am

I wouldn't go to GW. Too expensive and I've heard questionable things about their job placement. I know they inflate #'s by employing a LOT of grads

Personally, I've heard Vanderbilt and Michigan are amazing. Wish they would have let me in haha

isuperserial

Postby isuperserial » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:48 am

kingmadu wrote:Right now I am debating between MI, GW, and Vandy for 3 different reason. GW is close to home and would give me a great chance at something with the gov't. Vandy is a good school and gave me good money, but I have no interest in working in the south. Michigan is a very good school and I would like to go there, but is it worth the price tag? I have some interest in TX but nothing too big. After graduation from LS I would like to clerk for a some time before going into antitrust law (Biglaw or Gov't). Want to work in Chicago, D.C., or NY after. The law and econ program, clinical, location, employment are just a few of the things that matter besides cost so any insight would be appreciated.

Vandy- Aid 80K (COA 107K)
GW- 75K (124K)
Michigan- 25K (165K)
Texas- 30K (160K)

Thanks for taking a look and commenting!!!

If you want to be a federal clerk, then Michigan is your only real option. If you want to go into Biglaw, Michigan is your best option. I think the choice is pretty clear.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:06 pm

Do you have outside contributions (i.e. a spouse, parent, savings, etc.) that will go towards your cost of law school? Also, can you explain your numbers? It looks like GW, Michigan, and Texas are scholarships per year, while Vandy is 80k (more than one year of law school even costs).

I think Vanderbilt is winning this, as of now. I'd be interested in seeing more of your math though.

kingmadu

Postby kingmadu » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:09 am

Scholarship #'s are total for 3 yrs.

kingmadu

Postby kingmadu » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:12 am

@Hopingtogetin: yeah I agree GW is expensive and is the lowest on my list between the three. But the location makes me consider it allot more than I would otherwise.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:44 am

Vanderbilt is the best option out of the 4, but none of those schools are really "good" for the clerk -> DC antitrust path

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:51 am

kingmadu wrote:Scholarship #'s are total for 3 yrs.

So how is it possible that you got 25k total from Michigan for the three years?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”