Rutgers Camden - Yes or No? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
dirtrida2

Bronze

Re: Rutgers Camden - Yes or No?

Post by dirtrida2 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:51 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:ROFL @ AU offering you $7,500. But if it were me, I'd take the full ride + stipend (only if you can come to terms with the fact that you won't get BigLaw).
Lol I know right, even their top applicants only received a one-time award of $20,000. Yes the $7,500 was a one-time award as well - comical.

I took time off work after undergrad to focus on my LSAT. Self study, private tutoring, 30+ timed tests, and other supplemental material. I devoted a lot of time to this test and only saw moderate gains; the only thing that came easy to me was LG (-0,-1). If I were to do another study session, I could maybe bump my score a few points. While every point is helpful, I would still be paying a substantial amount to attend a T20/30. I couldn't see paying tuition at many of the schools outside the T14.

Given my circumstance I will likely move forward with this offer. Worst case scenario, I have some solid ties and a job offer waiting at my internship - if I fail to secure work in a decent firm.

I still plan on pushing for more stipend $$. Until the school actually denies me of a reconsideration, it can't hurt to try...

Return to “Choosing a Law School”