Class of 2012 Employment Data

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby skri65 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:48 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:
skri65 wrote:BC stats came out. On my phone right now, but it is linked on their website

BC doesn't break out federal vs. other clerkships on their website, so we'll have to wait for the ABA data. Large firm placement was down slightly, but total people in clerkships went from 42 down to 15.


They did post this data: --LinkRemoved--

6 fed clerkships...only 12 students have school funded jobs which is at least good for transparency purposes.

BigZuck
Posts: 10884
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby BigZuck » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:55 am

AllDangle wrote:Where are the Duke stats? Didn't see them posted on their site.


Scroll back a few pages, I linked to it

User avatar
Robespierre
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby Robespierre » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:01 am

I think by now it's clear that Top 30-ish schools mostly had increases in biglaw hiring, and that the increases are non-trivial. (Vandy is an exception. So are Yale and Stanford, but grads of those schools are still in great shape.)

I've been focusing on lower-ranked schools to see if they too had significant increases. It appears they didn't; increases are more of the minimal variety. See SMU, Alabama, Hastings, Wisconsin ... and now Brooklyn:

Brooklyn Law
8.8%(+.04) + 2.1(-.01) = 10.9(+.03)
http://www.brooklaw.edu/Admissions/stat ... naire.ashx

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:10 am

Okay, so instead of calculating class of 2011 numbers myself, I took the numbers from LST.

So, (hopefully) the final results for Vandy are:

Class of 2011: Biglaw (30.3) + Fed Clerk (10.1) = 40.4 %
Class of 2012: Biglaw (28.5) + Fed Clerk (12.1) = 40.6 %

Change: Biglaw (-1.8) + Fed Clerk (+2.0) = Total (+0.2)

Source: http://law.vanderbilt.edu/employers-cs/ ... index.aspx
Last edited by RetakeFrenzy on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Robespierre
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby Robespierre » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:13 am

Ditto St. John's:
9.6%(+1.3) + 2.1(+1.4) = 11.7(+2.7)
--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby Bronck » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Chicago

121/215 firms 100+ (56.3%), fed clerks 32/215 (14.9%), total = 71.2%

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/prospective ... /classof12

one_by_one
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby one_by_one » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:22 pm

.
Last edited by one_by_one on Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby Crowing » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:37 pm

Bronck wrote:Chicago

121/215 firms 100+ (56.3%), fed clerks 32/215 (14.9%), total = 71.2%

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/prospective ... /classof12


Pretty good clerkship rate for c/o 2012

User avatar
star fox
Posts: 13823
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby star fox » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:36 pm

Bronck wrote:Chicago

121/215 firms 100+ (56.3%), fed clerks 32/215 (14.9%), total = 71.2%

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/prospective ... /classof12


Up from 54.2 % BigFirm + Fed Clerk rate for c/o 2011. Gotta feel for those 2011 grads. That extra year looks like it significantly has altered life outcomes.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby Bronck » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:37 pm

CLS:

301/469 firms 100+ (64.2%), 37/469 fed clerks (7.9%) = 72.1% total

http://www.law.columbia.edu/careers/emp ... statistics

Changes = +2.8% firms, -0.2% clerkships = +2.6% total
Last edited by Bronck on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

florida1949
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby florida1949 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Bronck wrote:Chicago

121/215 firms 100+ (56.3%), fed clerks 32/215 (14.9%), total = 71.2%

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/prospective ... /classof12


sweeeeeet

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby Rahviveh » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:48 pm

john7234797 wrote:
Bronck wrote:Chicago

121/215 firms 100+ (56.3%), fed clerks 32/215 (14.9%), total = 71.2%

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/prospective ... /classof12


Up from 54.2 % BigFirm + Fed Clerk rate for c/o 2011. Gotta feel for those 2011 grads. That extra year looks like it significantly has altered life outcomes.


Lets just hope it doesnt happen to us :(

Revolver066
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby Revolver066 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:48 pm

HYPS, obviously.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby Bronck » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Updated Charts

Image

Image

BigZuck
Posts: 10884
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby BigZuck » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:08 pm

In b4 NU and Berkeley post shamefully low numbers on par with GULC and we all start calling it the T11.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:40 pm

BigZuck wrote:In b4 NU and Berkeley post shamefully low numbers on par with GULC and we all start calling it the T11.


Don't say that when I am finally starting to lean towards NU

User avatar
jenesaislaw
Posts: 996
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 6:35 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby jenesaislaw » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:44 pm

FYI to whoever is collecting/inputting data. All ABA data will be out very soon. So soon that I wouldn't bother doing anymore work.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby lhanvt13 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:45 pm

jenesaislaw wrote:FYI to whoever is collecting/inputting data. All ABA data will be out very soon. So soon that I wouldn't bother doing anymore work.

how soon?

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby M458 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:51 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
BigZuck wrote:In b4 NU and Berkeley post shamefully low numbers on par with GULC and we all start calling it the T11.


Don't say that when I am finally starting to lean towards NU


Can we start taking guesses? I'm predicting 56.6% firms of 100+ and 7.3% federal clerkships for NU for a total of 63.9%. Let's see if anyone else gets closer.

User avatar
jenesaislaw
Posts: 996
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 6:35 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby jenesaislaw » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:52 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
jenesaislaw wrote:FYI to whoever is collecting/inputting data. All ABA data will be out very soon. So soon that I wouldn't bother doing anymore work.

how soon?


Tomorrow. LST will be updated tomorrow morning with all the new data too.

User avatar
banjo
Posts: 1345
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby banjo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Oh what the hell -- I'll guess NU at 68.2%.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:55 pm

jenesaislaw wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
jenesaislaw wrote:FYI to whoever is collecting/inputting data. All ABA data will be out very soon. So soon that I wouldn't bother doing anymore work.

how soon?


Tomorrow. LST will be updated tomorrow morning with all the new data too.


Yes!

Image

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby rad lulz » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:56 pm

jenesaislaw wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
jenesaislaw wrote:FYI to whoever is collecting/inputting data. All ABA data will be out very soon. So soon that I wouldn't bother doing anymore work.

how soon?


Tomorrow. LST will be updated tomorrow morning with all the new data too.

So happy

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby lhanvt13 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:58 pm

rad lulz wrote:
jenesaislaw wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:
jenesaislaw wrote:FYI to whoever is collecting/inputting data. All ABA data will be out very soon. So soon that I wouldn't bother doing anymore work.

how soon?


Tomorrow. LST will be updated tomorrow morning with all the new data too.

So happy

gonna start refreshing at 12am

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby M458 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:00 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
jenesaislaw wrote:Tomorrow. LST will be updated tomorrow morning with all the new data too.

So happy

gonna start refreshing at 12am


More excited about this than I was to get my LSAT score.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BrainsyK, existentialcrisis, MSNbot Media and 1 guest