Class of 2012 Employment Data

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby skri65 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:39 pm

colonelnerd wrote:Wow, big jump for BU: ~22% to ~32%

Dying to see BC's numbers; hope they have a proportionate jump.


BU had a big jump in the NLJ250, whereas BC remained relatively static this year. They are still about the same in that regard. I'm curious if BC went up, too..have a completely unbased hunch that BU will be a little bit higher.

User avatar
bowser
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:54 am

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby bowser » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:48 pm

BU did the Michigan open kimono thing and listed all of their full-time employers, plus organizations where they are funding jobs:

http://www.bu.edu/law/prospective/caree ... s2012.html

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby Rahviveh » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:59 pm

bowser wrote:BU did the Michigan open kimono thing and listed all of their full-time employers, plus organizations where they are funding jobs:

http://www.bu.edu/law/prospective/caree ... s2012.html


So schools have this data from the survey but they choose not to publish it?

User avatar
Ruxin1
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby Ruxin1 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:04 pm

bowser wrote:BU did the Michigan open kimono thing and listed all of their full-time employers, plus organizations where they are funding jobs:

http://www.bu.edu/law/prospective/caree ... s2012.html


I really wish every school did this!

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Ruxin1 wrote:
bowser wrote:BU did the Michigan open kimono thing and listed all of their full-time employers, plus organizations where they are funding jobs:

http://www.bu.edu/law/prospective/caree ... s2012.html


I really wish every school did this!

+1

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby Bronck » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:50 pm

Yale released:

32% firms (71/222), 34.7% clerkships (77/222) = 66.7% total

I'll update the chart when I get home

http://www.law.yale.edu/studentlife/employment_2012.htm

ETA:

Image

Image
Last edited by Bronck on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SportsFan
Posts: 722
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby SportsFan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:54 pm

Bronck wrote:Yale released:

32% firms (71/222), 34.7% clerkships (77/222) = 66.7% total

I'll update the chart when I get home

http://www.law.yale.edu/studentlife/employment_2012.htm

Just taking a quick look, there was a big increase in JD Advantage jobs from C/O 2011 to C/O 2012. 3.9% to 9.46%. Weird.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby Rahviveh » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:13 pm

SportsFan wrote:
Bronck wrote:Yale released:

32% firms (71/222), 34.7% clerkships (77/222) = 66.7% total

I'll update the chart when I get home

http://www.law.yale.edu/studentlife/employment_2012.htm

Just taking a quick look, there was a big increase in JD Advantage jobs from C/O 2011 to C/O 2012. 3.9% to 9.46%. Weird.


Probably noise. With Yale's small class size, that's like 10 students.

User avatar
Robespierre
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby Robespierre » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:37 am

Wisconsin:

9.9% (+.01) + 1.0% (-.06) = 10.9% (-.05)

http://www.law.wisc.edu/prospective/stats.html

Pretty bad.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby helix23 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:39 pm

Columbia and Boalt need to stop messing around.

M458
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby M458 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:14 pm

Where you at, Northwestern? :(

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby Rahviveh » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:21 pm

Fordham:

100+ firms: 148/486
Fed Clerks: 15/486

Total: 33.5%

School funded: 11.9%

User avatar
TexasAggie13
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby TexasAggie13 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:07 pm

M458 wrote:Where you at, Northwestern? :(


+1

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby twinkletoes16 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 pm

helix23 wrote:Columbia and Boalt need to stop messing around.




Yeah this makes me wonder if my fan girling for Boalt could be unwarranted once they finally post

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby Rahviveh » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:22 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
helix23 wrote:Columbia and Boalt need to stop messing around.




Yeah this makes me wonder if my fan girling for Boalt could be unwarranted once they finally post


If the NJL250 data is any indication, they will probably be in the high 50's or low 60's - similar to their peers.

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby englawyer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:27 pm

quick note: for at least YHS, some of those business jobs are not "under employed". Plenty of people choose banking or consulting over V10 firms.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby Bronck » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:35 pm

englawyer wrote:quick note: for at least YHS, some of those business jobs are not "under employed". Plenty of people choose banking or consulting over V10 firms.


Hence n / 2 and the intentionally conservative nature of the underemployed calculation.

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:19 am

Vandy

Pretty much the same

30.7(-1.5) + 13.0(+2.2) = 43.7(+0.7)

http://law.vanderbilt.edu/employers-cs/ ... index.aspx

de5igual
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby de5igual » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:38 am

RetakeFrenzy wrote:Vandy

Pretty much the same

30.7(-1.5) + 13.0(+2.2) = 43.7(+0.7)

http://law.vanderbilt.edu/employers-cs/ ... index.aspx


that's the percentage of employed; as a % of the class, it's 30.7% x (182/196) and 13.0% x (182/196) = 40.6, which is still pretty good

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby rad lulz » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am

f0bolous wrote:
RetakeFrenzy wrote:Vandy

Pretty much the same

30.7(-1.5) + 13.0(+2.2) = 43.7(+0.7)

http://law.vanderbilt.edu/employers-cs/ ... index.aspx


that's the percentage of employed; as a % of the class, it's 30.7% x (182/196) and 13.0% x (182/196) = 40.6, which is still pretty good

The way Vandy released these stats was needlesly confusing

Also no way to calculate FT/LT jobs

lol, just lol

Gotta wait for LST to do the work for them from the ABA reports

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby RetakeFrenzy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:35 am

rad lulz wrote:
f0bolous wrote:
RetakeFrenzy wrote:Vandy

Pretty much the same

30.7(-1.5) + 13.0(+2.2) = 43.7(+0.7)

http://law.vanderbilt.edu/employers-cs/ ... index.aspx


that's the percentage of employed; as a % of the class, it's 30.7% x (182/196) and 13.0% x (182/196) = 40.6, which is still pretty good

The way Vandy released these stats was needlesly confusing

Also no way to calculate FT/LT jobs

lol, just lol

Gotta wait for LST to do the work for them from the ABA reports


Oh I see...

So, this? 28.5(-3.7) + 12.1(+1.3) = 40.6(-2.4)

skri65
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby skri65 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:24 am

BC stats came out. On my phone right now, but it is linked on their website

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15495
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby Tiago Splitter » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:16 am

skri65 wrote:BC stats came out. On my phone right now, but it is linked on their website

BC doesn't break out federal vs. other clerkships on their website, so we'll have to wait for the ABA data. Large firm placement was down slightly, but total people in clerkships went from 42 down to 15.

User avatar
AllDangle
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby AllDangle » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:22 am

Where are the Duke stats? Didn't see them posted on their site.

WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Class of 2012 Employment Data

Postby WanderingPondering » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:29 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:
skri65 wrote:BC stats came out. On my phone right now, but it is linked on their website

BC doesn't break out federal vs. other clerkships on their website, so we'll have to wait for the ABA data. Large firm placement was down slightly, but total people in clerkships went from 42 down to 15.


At least somewhat due to discontinuing the school funded state clerkships.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cavalier1138, Socratease, zeglo and 5 guests