IU (sticker) v. SIU ($$$) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
danquayle

Silver

Re: IU (sticker) v. SIU ($$$)

Post by danquayle » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:47 pm

Steve2207 wrote:
rickgrimes69 wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:Retake and try and get a full ride to at least one. That is too much debt for either school.
Just wanted to say that IU recently offered a scholarship of $22,500. In case, that changes anyone’s opinion.

That said, I think I have ALMOST decided on SIU. I plan to retake in June and hope to get a good enough bump to get a free ride. IMO, neither school is truly that bad of an option for what I want, and where I want to practice.
You can believe whatever you want. But SIU will simply not travel back to Indiana. Sorry, but that's the truth. Have fun living in Illinois.
I disagree, there are two SIU grads that I know personally who are in private practice in my city. There is also a John Marshall grad that is VERY successful in my area. But, even if you were right, I think I would be comfortable practicing/living in IL, like I pointed out in my earlier post.
Anecdotal arguments are the worst kind of arguments, especially when you're talking law school. Top 5% at pretty much any school will get you a good job, that doesn't mean that any school will likely get you a good job or that you should ignore the 95%.

Indiana is dominated by IU-Indy and IU-Bloomington. The reality is firms hire where they have hired and where they went to school. If you simply want to hang out a shingle, then really any school is good enough. Just go somewhere cheap.

Younks

New

Post by Younks » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:03 am

Not sure if it was stated yet, but SIU's undergrad program charges in-state tuition to neighboring states (Missouri, Kentucky, and I think Indiana but I'd have to double check) for undergrad - assuming you're from Indiana, would they be charging you the adjusted rate, should it exist?

Did they mention anything about that?

And go SIU (I'm going there and it's a beautiful campus with less debt. Pave your own way, man).

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:23 am

Did you already use most of your GI Bill? Why is only the first year covered?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”