Utah vs. UC Davis Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Utah at 60% versus. Davis at Sticker

Utah at 60% scholarship, in-state (Total COA around 35K)
78%
Davis with 14k/yr grant, OOS (Total COA around 120K)
22%

Total votes: 18

ManoftheHour

Gold

Re: Utah vs. UC Davis

Post by ManoftheHour » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:08 am

Listen to Big Zuck. He gives brilliant advice.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:51 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:Listen to Big Zuck. He gives brilliant advice.

ManOfTheMinute

Gold

Post by ManOfTheMinute » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:01 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
WisemanAEKDB wrote:Would June even be enough time to study hard enough to crack high 160's?
No take it in october, that's what im doing
We shall see. It's on the list of options. 170 or bust.
Re-take. Don't be dumb. No point in wasting your money on a T-50 school when you can re-take and get it for free or go to a better school for the same price.

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Okay, okay. I'm understanding the re-take scenario. It will be a strong option on my list. I'm going to try to pull some strings to see if I can get an internship or something that would suffice for an entire year. I did have another question, naysay all you want. I'm WL'ed at UW currently, which is often regarded as the best school in the pacific northwest, which is where I want to be for sure. If I get in, I'm gonna go. And they don't offer much to anyone in regards to scholarships, so it's not like I'd be saving a ton of money if I retook and by miracle hit a 168+. Not many people on here chat regarding UW.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:52 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:Okay, okay. I'm understanding the re-take scenario. It will be a strong option on my list. I'm going to try to pull some strings to see if I can get an internship or something that would suffice for an entire year. I did have another question, naysay all you want. I'm WL'ed at UW currently, which is often regarded as the best school in the pacific northwest, which is where I want to be for sure. If I get in, I'm gonna go. And they don't offer much to anyone in regards to scholarships, so it's not like I'd be saving a ton of money if I retook and by miracle hit a 168+. Not many people on here chat regarding UW.
Seems like a mediocre to bad school based on employment prospects. It doesn't really place outside of the state of Washington so I would not go intending to get a job in the "Pacific Northwest" however that is defined. I would not pay a lot of money to attend and I definitely would not pay anything close to out of state sticker. While I would not choose Davis if I were you based on what you told us I would choose it over Washington. At least then I could hope for a job in CA versus hoping for a job in WA.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:35 pm

BigZuck wrote: While I would not choose Davis if I were you based on what you told us I would choose it over Washington. At least then I could hope for a job in CA versus hoping for a job in WA.
NO. the california job market is terrible. OP, washington > uc davis

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:50 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
BigZuck wrote: While I would not choose Davis if I were you based on what you told us I would choose it over Washington. At least then I could hope for a job in CA versus hoping for a job in WA.
NO. the california job market is terrible. OP, washington > uc davis
Thanks for the info. Yeah California job market scares the shit out of me, plus I'd be in NorCal competing and losing spots to Berkeley and Stanford. I'll see what happens scholarship wise, even though Davis is notoriously stingy. Probably will do some negotiating, set a deposit for Utah and hope for the best for UW.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”