Boston College vs. Seton Hall

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which would you choose?

Boston College (Sticker Maybe)
43%
Seton Hall (Full Ride)
57%

Total votes: 76

Clearly

Re: Boston College vs. Seton Hall

Postby Clearly » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:57 am

DaRascal wrote:We'll see, gatorfan. I just need to finish higher than you. 8)

Stats are 3.54/161

I'd kill even for that gpa

togepi

Postby togepi » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:11 am

Am I the only one wondering how OP got into BC with a 161?

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:26 am

togepi wrote:Am I the only one wondering how OP got into BC with a 161?

He's not the only one... They dipped to take a couple of applicants in that range.

togepi

Postby togepi » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:37 am

dirtrida2 wrote:

He's not the only one... They dipped to take a couple of applicants in that range.

Ah, found him on LSN, he's Puerto Rican

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:35 am

togepi wrote:
dirtrida2 wrote:

Well that helps, but if you scroll up ITT they took a 3.6/161 this cycle, non-URM.

togepi

Postby togepi » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:21 am

dirtrida2 wrote:
togepi wrote:
dirtrida2 wrote:

Well that helps, but if you scroll up ITT they took a 3.6/161 this cycle, non-URM.

Guess those are the sticker bitches? JK

This cycle is definitely strange. Are there any other weird, non-urm admits you've noticed other than at BC?

romalee

Postby romalee » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:23 am

BC has a good ranking with high competition the students get best services and knowledge. The staff really know how to build a study plan and make average students good learner you will see them with all professional expertise and experience. I also like the BC campus and wide lawns where student can study other than labs building is also attractive.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:21 am

romalee wrote:BC has a good ranking with high competition the students get best services and knowledge. The staff really know how to build a study plan and make average students good learner you will see them with all professional expertise and experience. I also like the BC campus and wide lawns where student can study other than labs building is also attractive.

All great things, but that ignores the most important factor of all (jobs) while simultaneously ignoring that OP is looking at 200k+ in debt from the school.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:35 am

Avoid SH like the plague. It's a shitmill run by the valvoline dean himself.

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:32 am

romothesavior wrote:
romalee wrote:BC has a good ranking with high competition the students get best services and knowledge. The staff really know how to build a study plan and make average students good learner you will see them with all professional expertise and experience. I also like the BC campus and wide lawns where student can study other than labs building is also attractive.

All great things, but that ignores the most important factor of all (jobs) while simultaneously ignoring that OP is looking at 200k+ in debt from the school.

It's funny because (not to call her out) erican09 on LSN got into BU early decision (full tuition scholly) with essentially the same numbers as me but a slightly higher GPA and I'm looking at BC sticker! 8)

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:36 am

Agreed. :)

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:57 am

DaRascal wrote:

Dude, retake. You're being stupid.

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:26 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
DaRascal wrote:

I am going to retake but I just love what Boston College brings to the table. Just an awesome school. Besides, who knows what my LSDAS will be after this semester. I've been living it up lately. Got an early afternoon BUZZZZZZZ right now. YEP YEP YEP YEP!!! :P

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:38 pm

DaRascal wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:
DaRascal wrote:

I am going to retake but I just love what Boston College brings to the table. Just an awesome school. Besides, who knows what my LSDAS will be after this semester. I've been living it up lately. Got an early afternoon BUZZZZZZZ right now. YEP YEP YEP YEP!!! :P

Fine, go to BC. Its a good school. Just don't go at sticker. That would be total idiocy.

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:58 pm

romothesavior wrote:Fine, go to BC. Its a good school. Just don't go at sticker. That would be total idiocy.

That makes no fucking sense, romo!!!! You need a drink, my dude. BC didn't give me any $ so sticker's all I got. 8)

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:08 pm

No its called take a year off and retake. Nobody here thinks you should go to BC at sticker. How does that make no sense? I realize sticker is what you're looking at now, so decline the offer. Why is this so hard to get thru your head?

I also think you could use a few years in the work force to gain some maturity. Maybe its just the internet but you strike me as incredibly immature.

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:22 pm

You keep saying you want to finish in time to "experience" your 20s. I think that's what a few years off are for.

bob loblaw11

Postby bob loblaw11 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:30 pm

DaRascal wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Fine, go to BC. Its a good school. Just don't go at sticker. That would be total idiocy.

That makes no fucking sense, romo!!!! You need a drink, my dude. BC didn't give me any $ so sticker's all I got. 8)

Bud, we have similar URM status and GPAs. My LSAT is not that much higher than yours, and I'm deciding btw Columbia and HLS. Retake, please. For the Puerto Ricans.

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:48 pm

romothesavior wrote:No its called take a year off and retake. Nobody here thinks you should go to BC at sticker. How does that make no sense? I realize sticker is what you're looking at now, so decline the offer. Why is this so hard to get thru your head?

I also think you could use a few years in the work force to gain some maturity. Maybe its just the internet but you strike me as incredibly immature.

I'm plenty mature! I don't really think of it as "BC at sticker". It's more like "BC, booze, Boston babes, Bruins games, and clam chowda at sticker". Excellent investment! :P
Last edited by DaRascal on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:51 pm

bob loblaw11 wrote:
DaRascal wrote:

Bud, we have similar URM status and GPAs. My LSAT is not that much higher than yours, and I'm deciding btw Columbia and HLS. Retake, please. For the Puerto Ricans.

No way, your numbers kick my ass. A 169 is a world away from a 161! Besides, BC to me is what Columbia was for you back when you said you really wanted to get in badly a few months ago. :)

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:52 pm

DaRascal wrote:
romothesavior wrote:No its called take a year off and retake. Nobody here thinks you should go to BC at sticker. How does that make no sense? I realize sticker is what you're looking at now, so decline the offer. Why is this so hard to get thru your head?

I'm plenty mature! I don't really think of it as "BC at sticker". It's more like "BC, booze, Boston babes, Bruins games, and clam chowda" at sticker. Excellent investment! :P

are you deficient bro? your schtick is pretty tired. BC at sticker is straight up dumb. You can booze anywhere, find hotter babes most places, etc.

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:06 pm

stillwater wrote:are you deficient bro? your schtick is pretty tired. BC at sticker is straight up dumb. You can booze anywhere, find hotter babes most places, etc.

32 people think BC is legit at sticker. I just need them to come out and tell me that so I can know the truth. Yeah but Boston's got the best combination of booze, babes, and books (gotta get that study on for law school!).

rwhyAn

Postby rwhyAn » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:16 pm

DaRascal wrote:

I'm plenty mature! I don't really think of it as "BC at sticker". It's more like "BC, booze, Boston babes, Bruins games, and clam chowda at sticker". Excellent investment! :P

If you go to BC at sticker, you better bang every Boston girl there is because no girl will touch you when you're $250k in the hole with no way to pay it off. Rest assured, though, it won't stop you from getting fucked...by Uncle Sam from behind every day for the next 20-30 years. Plus, Boston girls? Seriously? Have you heard them talk? It makes me throw up a little in my mouth. If you want to slam hot chicks, go to ASU, Ole Miss, FSU, or South Carolina. You'll probably go for free at one of those places anyway.

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:20 pm

Don't worry, dude, I got this. I'm taking out $170k and I'm not going to tell any girls about the debt if I miss biglaw. Besides, it's the federal government we're talking about, not some loan shark's goons who are going to come to your apartment and rough you up! 8)

dirtrida2

Postby dirtrida2 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:38 pm

Return to “Choosing a Law School”