USD ($$) vs Wakeforest ($$)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sienna.ann
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:32 pm

USD ($$) vs Wakeforest ($$)

Postby sienna.ann » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:27 pm

Hi everyone. New poster here, though I've been following the boards for a while.

I've gotten most of my acceptances in and my best two options seem to be USD and Wake. I have pretty much equal scholarships at both. I'm from San Diego, but don't really care about staying in California. Wake is obviously higher ranked and that seems to be the better option but I'm concerned about not being from NC and having no connections to the legal market. Any advice?

Thanks ! : :)

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: USD ($$) vs Wakeforest ($$)

Postby PRgradBYU » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Conventional TLS wisdom says you should retake but for the sake of actually answering your question, I'd go with Wake Forest (which is spelled with two words, yes; you ought to know how to spell the name of the law school you're considering attending). It's the less crappy school and isn't located in the abysmally saturated state of CA.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: USD ($$) vs Wakeforest ($$)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:25 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:Conventional TLS wisdom says you should retake but for the sake of actually answering your question, I'd go with Wake Forest (which is spelled with two words, yes; you ought to know how to spell the name of the law school you're considering attending). It's the less crappy school and isn't located in the abysmally saturated state of CA.

Dude, I'm sorry, you're completely wrong or you misread what he put. It is very hard for someone at Wake who is not from NC to have decent prospects. I've heard anecdotes of people getting passed up for much lower ranked students for interviews because they not from the area.

User avatar
rickgrimes69
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 am

Re: USD ($$) vs Wakeforest ($$)

Postby rickgrimes69 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:41 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:Conventional TLS wisdom says you should retake but for the sake of actually answering your question, I'd go with Wake Forest (which is spelled with two words, yes; you ought to know how to spell the name of the law school you're considering attending). It's the less crappy school and isn't located in the abysmally saturated state of CA.

Dude, I'm sorry, you're completely wrong or you misread what he put. It is very hard for someone at Wake who is not from NC to have decent prospects. I've heard anecdotes of people getting passed up for much lower ranked students for interviews because they not from the area.


Yep. NC is crazy insular, and Wake's employment is less than stellar to begin with.

User avatar
YankeesFan
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: USD ($$) vs Wakeforest ($$)

Postby YankeesFan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:58 pm

PMed you.

User avatar
patrickd139
Posts: 2883
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: USD ($$) vs Wakeforest ($$)

Postby patrickd139 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:11 am

rickgrimes69 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:Conventional TLS wisdom says you should retake but for the sake of actually answering your question, I'd go with Wake Forest (which is spelled with two words, yes; you ought to know how to spell the name of the law school you're considering attending). It's the less crappy school and isn't located in the abysmally saturated state of CA.

Dude, I'm sorry, you're completely wrong or you misread what he put. It is very hard for someone at Wake who is not from NC to have decent prospects. I've heard anecdotes of people getting passed up for much lower ranked students for interviews because they not from the area.


Yep. NC is crazy insular, and Wake's employment is less than stellar to begin with.

100% this. Don't go to a regional law school in a region you're not from.

Retake and either go to a better California law school or go to USD for free.

User avatar
hephaestus
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: USD ($$) vs Wakeforest ($$)

Postby hephaestus » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:12 am

What is the equal scholarship? Unless they are full rides, retake. Neither school is good at placing grads into jobs where they can service their loan debt. You should go to a better school.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests