Help me Choose Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

For Gov't/PI

UVA at Sticker
7%
GWU ED (full-ride)
93%

Total votes: 15

whereskyle

Silver

Help me Choose

Post by whereskyle » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:28 pm

I've been admitted to uva at sticker this cycle. I do not want biglaw, and I do not want the debt. My interests are Gov't/PI. I am contemplating EDing to GWU this coming cycle as an alternative to attending uva at sticker. Please give detailed thoughts below, if you have them.

Of course, EDing to GW is not a lock. I have a 170, extensive paralegal experience, and a very positive recommendation from my supervising attorney. I have no GPA, but I went to a UG known for academic rigor and intensive writing. The likelihood of my admission to GW's ED program should be a consideration in your vote. Thanks, all.

rickgrimes69

Silver

Re: Help me Choose

Post by rickgrimes69 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:51 pm

GW full ride >>> UVa at sticker, especially if you don't want biglaw and are debt adverse. Defer at UVa and try again next time.

Don't you have any options between the two?

whereskyle

Silver

Re: Help me Choose

Post by whereskyle » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:58 pm

rickgrimes69 wrote:
Don't you have any options between the two?
Applied uva, berk, stan, col, chi this cycle. No safeties. WLs at chi and col, rejected at berk. Not expecting more than a WL at stan. I applied to law school wanting to pursue article iii clerkships, but i didn't score HYS level on the LSAT. Now that I've learned that I simply don't want to live the biglaw lifestyle as a backup to gov't/clerkship/lifetime of indebtedness route at uva, I am reassessing my options.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”