Gov't Work

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
whereskyle

Gov't Work

Postby whereskyle » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:30 am

I want to be a lawyer, because I want to be involved in gov't. I've been admitted to uva at sticker, but i don't want biglaw. I'm interested in regulation, administrative law, legislation, constitutional theory, political negotiation, and the political process. I would be happy working a lower level hill job. I had my eye on article III clerkships and thus applied only to uva and up this cycle. Thus far uva is the only acceptance with no money. I have a 170, no gpa, but great recs from a small public honors college, plus a ton of writing experience, legal and otherwise. I simply don't want biglaw, nor the debt. Do you all think I have a decent shot at EDing to GWU? Is such a route absolutely brainless or potentially advisable for someone who wants a family life and a supporting role in the gov't or public interest organization? Thanks, all. You all are the best.

whereskyle

Re: Gov't Work

Postby whereskyle » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:46 am

Would anyone take uva at sticker with the primary goal of government work?

rinkrat19

Re: Gov't Work

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Look up and compare T14 schools' LRAP programs. Some make govt a truly awesome option, while some make it more just survivable.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”