Arkansas, Tennessee, or FSU

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bmili

Re: Arkansas, Tennessee, or FSU

Postby bmili » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:37 am

Last edited by bmili on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:51 pm

Still waiting for those numbers, bmili. Your post is still worthless anecdotal BS without them. Have you even gone to law school?

bmili

Postby bmili » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Last edited by bmili on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:37 pm

bmili wrote:
patrickd139 wrote:Still waiting for those numbers, bmili. Your post is still worthless anecdotal BS without them. Have you even gone to law school?

You are more than capable of going to LST and look yourself. Roughly 7-9% of the class ends up in Texas each year, but the data does not indicate in what exact position (which I doubt any school releases data on that level of granularity). Class sizes at Arkansas are small (130ish) and most people at the UofA prefer to stay in AR regardless of their level of grades. My only point is that it is possible to work in regional cities provided you network. Also, your job flexibility is going to be far greater because you won't be racking up the debt like you would at many other schools.

And yes, I am in law school. Apparently your still stuck in middle school.

Nope. Still anecdotal and worthless.

For instance, you extrapolate that because 7-9% of the class ends up "in Texas," that translates into being able to get jobs in DFW or other regional cities like Houston. You can't even be sure that 1 student who ended up in Texas ended up in Dallas or Houston, much less that they were employed as an attorney in those cities, or that such employment was in a capacity sufficient to pay off a significant debt load once they got there. This says nothing about the grads from UA who end up practicing in Texarkana, which could technically qualify as "Texas," but is far from the cities you mention.

Here's another statistic that I find far more relevant: According to LST, graduates of the most recent class are almost twice as likely to end up unemployed (14.7%) than finding any kind of job in Texas, much less a legal job, much less a job that pays enough to repay the loans OP would have to take out to attend Arkansas.

Like I said, potentially very, very misleading.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”