Davis v. Hastings v. George Washington?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
timbs4339

Re: Davis v. Hastings v. George Washington?

Postby timbs4339 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:31 pm

jennigun wrote:Worst decision of my life - seems a little melodramatic.
Thanks for the advice - ish? I appreciate your opinion, however, money really isn't an issue for me, thanks to coming from a line of investment bankers. The original question is no longer an issue, since I was just accepted to Stanford. It is almost a little sad how irate some posters became - from someone who has travelled the world for 4 years (and is leaving on another around the world trip in 2 weeks), I have to say that law school is merely a means to an end, and where I live is an important factor in my decision - LA is an awful place. Good luck everyone - and thanks to those who provided constructive criticism.

PS I'm a lady, not a dude.

Some friendly advice: not everyone's parents are obscenely rich and can burn tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars on a law school education so their child doesn't have to live in certain parts of the country. You'll meet some of these folks along down the line. Don't be too shocked when you find out that not everyone's parents can send them on a nice little around the world trip to discover the great truths of life you seem to have learned so well through getting scammed by local taxi drivers.

Had you specified that money was really not an issue in an earlier post you would have gotten better advice.

HeadingToCA

Postby HeadingToCA » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:03 pm

You are lovely!! Never mind. Just got into Stanford. Haha!!

WhiskeynCoke

Postby WhiskeynCoke » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Um, ok. This is how OP's thread has gone so far:

1. OP asks "Should I go to schools X or Y for full sticker or school Z on a full ride?"
-- Lots of answers concerning debt/job placement
-- more answers concerning debt......
2. OP responds, ignoring all responses concerning debt, with "but I LOVE Nor Cal I wanna stay here."
-- more answers concerning debt/jobs
-- " debt.... jobs......"
3. OP finally addresses responses: "Never mind, I'm in at Stanford. And oh yea, I'm rich as fuck and money isn't an issue... Not sure why I never mentioned that in the first place.. Whatevs."

Thanks for wasting our time. but nonetheless.....

Congrats on Stanford! Thats truly amazing (if you're not a troll)

sfhaze

Postby sfhaze » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:18 pm

WhiskeynCoke wrote:Um, ok. This is how OP's thread has gone so far:

1. OP asks "Should I go to schools X or Y for full sticker or school Z on a full ride?"
-- Lots of answers concerning debt/job placement
-- more answers concerning debt......
2. OP responds, ignoring all responses concerning debt, with "but I LOVE Nor Cal I wanna stay here."
-- more answers concerning debt/jobs
-- " debt.... jobs......"
3. OP finally addresses responses: "Never mind, I'm in at Stanford. And oh yea, I'm rich as fuck and money isn't an issue... Not sure why I never mentioned that in the first place.. Whatevs."

Thanks for wasting our time. but nonetheless.....

Yeah, this thread never made any sense whatsoever and still doesn't.

cahwc12

Postby cahwc12 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:05 pm

jennigun wrote:Worst decision of my life - seems a little melodramatic.
Thanks for the advice - ish? I appreciate your opinion, however, money really isn't an issue for me, thanks to coming from a line of investment bankers. The original question is no longer an issue, since I was just accepted to Stanford. It is almost a little sad how irate some posters became - from someone who has travelled the world for 4 years (and is leaving on another around the world trip in 2 weeks), I have to say that law school is merely a means to an end, and where I live is an important factor in my decision - LA is an awful place. Good luck everyone - and thanks to those who provided constructive criticism.

PS I'm a lady, not a dude.

Not sure why you feel the need to lie on an anonymous message board. Good luck taking on $300k debt at Hastings or Davis. Your parents might be happy to pay it, but they won't be as happy when you end up moving back home.

Don't post on a message board asking for advice if you're just going to ignore all of it and lie.

J-e-L-L-o

Postby J-e-L-L-o » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:42 pm

all kinds of fail in this thread

Return to “Choosing a Law School”