T2 Full Ride vs Retake

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Yes

KU
3
20%
UNL
3
20%
Retake
9
60%
 
Total votes: 15

cooldude87
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:51 pm

T2 Full Ride vs Retake

Postby cooldude87 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:00 pm

I've got a 162/3.4 and got full rides to KU and UNL. I'm not a resident of either state nor do I have connections to either state, but I am from a bordering state. I don't want to go to my state school because I want to leave my state. Should I go to KU/UNL or retake in June. Thanks

Also, cost of living would probably be around 30k for both KU/UNL. Another note, I have no intention of paying for law school, unless I got into HYS, which is probably not going to happen and so retaking just to improve a point or two doesn't seem that great since it probably won't result in full rides to school's that are a whole lot better than the two I've already got.

K Rock
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: T2 Full Ride vs Retake

Postby K Rock » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:06 pm

cooldude87 wrote:I don't want to go to my state school because I want to leave my state.


Why? That's not a good reason for wanting to go to either of these schools.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: T2 Full Ride vs Retake

Postby Rahviveh » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:13 pm

Are they actual full rides? No stips?

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: T2 Full Ride vs Retake

Postby PRgradBYU » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:14 pm

cooldude87 wrote:Another note, I have no intention of paying for law school, unless I got into HYS, which is probably not going to happen and so retaking just to improve a point or two doesn't seem that great since it probably won't result in full rides to school's that are a whole lot better than the two I've already got.



Then improve by more than a point or two. Put some serious effort into studying for the LSAT this time around (e.g. 25-30 hours per week) for the next few months and shoot for the stars!

empyreanrrv
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Re: T2 Full Ride vs Retake

Postby empyreanrrv » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:29 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:
cooldude87 wrote:Another note, I have no intention of paying for law school, unless I got into HYS, which is probably not going to happen and so retaking just to improve a point or two doesn't seem that great since it probably won't result in full rides to school's that are a whole lot better than the two I've already got.



Then improve by more than a point or two. Put some serious effort into studying for the LSAT this time around (e.g. 25-30 hours per week) for the next few months and shoot for the stars!


I don't think a 3.4 is getting into HYS. In either case, the only reason I can see that OP would retake is to get more scholarship money or get into a better school in the state he wants to practice. I have no idea the pecking order of schools in Kansas or Nebraska, but if those options are not the flagship schools, OP, you'll want to retake to get into those.

If there are no stipulations on the scholarships, I don't see anything wrong with going to these schools, assuming they are the flagships for their respective states. Recognize, OP, that wisdom suggests it will be hard to break into these markets without ties, and you may very well spend three years in school only to graduate without a job. That said, I don't see a situation where retaking would make sense.

wfudeacons2005
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:08 am

Re: T2 Full Ride vs Retake

Postby wfudeacons2005 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:11 am

UNL places better in Nebraska than KU does in Kansas. Go there and live in Nebraska unless you think you can go up 10 points and go T-14.

cooldude87
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: T2 Full Ride vs Retake

Postby cooldude87 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:07 pm

top 50% stip




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carasrook and 4 guests