UPenn Levy vs. NYU vs. Columbia

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bruwinning24
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:15 pm

UPenn Levy vs. NYU vs. Columbia

Postby bruwinning24 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:25 pm

Got full tuition for 3 years at Penn and still waiting on money offers from NYU and Columbia. How much would Columbia/NYU have to give me for them to be worth it? Furthermore, if I get into YHS, how much would they have to give me for them to be worth it?

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: UPenn Levy vs. NYU vs. Columbia

Postby 052220151 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:28 pm

bruwinning24 wrote:Got full tuition for 3 years at Penn and still waiting on money offers from NYU and Columbia. How much would Columbia/NYU have to give me for them to be worth it? Furthermore, if I get into YHS, how much would they have to give me for them to be worth it?


I would only take Stanford and Yale over a full ride at Penn.

It must be terrible being in your position.

User avatar
Aberzombie1892
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:56 am

Re: UPenn Levy vs. NYU vs. Columbia

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:46 pm

deputydog wrote:
bruwinning24 wrote:Got full tuition for 3 years at Penn and still waiting on money offers from NYU and Columbia. How much would Columbia/NYU have to give me for them to be worth it? Furthermore, if I get into YHS, how much would they have to give me for them to be worth it?


I would only take Stanford and Yale with a nice sized scholarship over a full ride at Penn.

It must be terrible being in your position.


Fixed.

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: UPenn Levy vs. NYU vs. Columbia

Postby TheThriller » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:47 pm

Take the money and run (directly to Philly)

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: UPenn Levy vs. NYU vs. Columbia

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:48 pm

Maybe Y at sticker, HS at 1/3 off, C at like 100K off, or CN at full ride.

User avatar
Ramius
Posts: 2005
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:39 am

Re: UPenn Levy vs. NYU vs. Columbia

Postby Ramius » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:48 pm

Image

First world problem for sure.

pastapplicant
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:13 pm

Re: UPenn Levy vs. NYU vs. Columbia

Postby pastapplicant » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:59 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
deputydog wrote:
bruwinning24 wrote:Got full tuition for 3 years at Penn and still waiting on money offers from NYU and Columbia. How much would Columbia/NYU have to give me for them to be worth it? Furthermore, if I get into YHS, how much would they have to give me for them to be worth it?


I would only take Stanford and Yale with a nice sized scholarship over a full ride at Penn.

It must be terrible being in your position.


Fixed.


What about Tulane?

Ti Malice
Posts: 1955
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:55 am

Re: UPenn Levy vs. NYU vs. Columbia

Postby Ti Malice » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:57 pm

bruwinning24 wrote:Got full tuition for 3 years at Penn and still waiting on money offers from NYU and Columbia. How much would Columbia/NYU have to give me for them to be worth it? Furthermore, if I get into YHS, how much would they have to give me for them to be worth it?


You'll need a full ride from either for it to be worth giving up your Levy. The next best offer at CLS would be half-tuition, and CLS is definitely not worth that much more than Penn.

As for YHS, what are your career goals?

User avatar
Aberzombie1892
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:56 am

Re: UPenn Levy vs. NYU vs. Columbia

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:02 am

pastapplicant wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
deputydog wrote:
bruwinning24 wrote:Got full tuition for 3 years at Penn and still waiting on money offers from NYU and Columbia. How much would Columbia/NYU have to give me for them to be worth it? Furthermore, if I get into YHS, how much would they have to give me for them to be worth it?


I would only take Stanford and Yale with a nice sized scholarship over a full ride at Penn.

It must be terrible being in your position.


Fixed.


What about Tulane?


Are you suggesting Tulane over Penn full ride? You, sir, are mad (no whoosh needed).

JWalker
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:09 pm

Re: UPenn Levy vs. NYU vs. Columbia

Postby JWalker » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:56 am

Aberzombie in the house for a Penn-related question? Just lock this thread.

bruwinning24
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Re: UPenn Levy vs. NYU vs. Columbia

Postby bruwinning24 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:05 am

I want to work in big law, probably commercial litigation.

User avatar
RhymesLikeDimes
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:58 pm

Re: UPenn Levy vs. NYU vs. Columbia

Postby RhymesLikeDimes » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:52 am

Nothing short of a full-ride at NYU, or $120K+ at CLS would sway me from a full-ride at Penn. And that's really only if you have a great preference for NYC over Philly.

Swimp
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 9:32 am

Re: UPenn Levy vs. NYU vs. Columbia

Postby Swimp » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:19 am

bruwinning24 wrote:I want to work in big law, probably commercial litigation.


In terms of biglaw placement, all three of those schools are within spitting distance of each other. Until you get a full ride (or very close to a full ride) at Columbia or NYU, this is not a dilemma.

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: UPenn Levy vs. NYU vs. Columbia

Postby curious66 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:38 am

Swimp wrote:
bruwinning24 wrote:I want to work in big law, probably commercial litigation.


In terms of biglaw placement, all three of those schools are within spitting distance of each other. Until you get a full ride (or very close to a full ride) at Columbia or NYU, this is not a dilemma.


+1.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests