I realize many factors are at play here, but I just became a finalist and I would love to hear some peoples' thoughts.
I have not received the scholarship yet - I have a 1 in 5 chance - but I feel bad accepting their interview invitation (they fly you out to LA and everything) if I wouldn't actually take the scholarship. At the moment, I'm really not sure. Here are some details of note for my particular situation:
- I'm from California, and my parents live in LA, where they are both practicing lawyers;
- I went to Harvard for undergrad and adored it;
- I plan to settle down in Texas or California (fiance is from TX);
- I'm definitely open to biglaw, BUT, I do also have a real interest in clerkships, as well as public interest law, particularly nutrition/public health related things (indecisive much? I know. I'm sorry!);
- I would definitely have to take out loans to finance Harvard;
- I still might get into Stanford (which would also require self-financing).
Thanks for your input! This is so unexpected - my stomach is in knots. I really don't want to mislead USC.