Outcomes at UVa at Sticker

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
whereskyle

Re: Outcomes at UVa at Sticker

Postby whereskyle » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:49 am

quiver wrote:Yeah you are literally aiming for one of the most prestigious career paths in law. I agree with what others have said: if you'd only be happy clerking then doing appellate law, strongly reconsider law school.

Anyone here want to share ideas for second choice, third choice, fourth choice career moves out of 2L and 3L?

Justin Genious

Postby Justin Genious » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:45 am

whereskyle wrote:
quiver wrote:Yeah you are literally aiming for one of the most prestigious career paths in law. I agree with what others have said: if you'd only be happy clerking then doing appellate law, strongly reconsider law school.

Anyone here want to share ideas for second choice, third choice, fourth choice career moves out of 2L and 3L?

This is something you need to research and decide for yourself, sir.

timbs4339

Postby timbs4339 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:49 am

Justin Genious wrote:
whereskyle wrote:

This is something you need to research and decide for yourself, sir.

1) Biglaw litigation
2) AIII clerkship > biglaw litigation
3) Federal government agency
4) Appellate criminal defense PI

quiver

Postby quiver » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:50 am

whereskyle wrote:

Biglaw is the most realistic outcome. Fed clerkships are extremely tough to get and desirable gov/PI jobs are nearly nonexistent for entry-level attorneys. Overall, I'd say that, if you wouldn't be okay settling for biglaw, you should reconsider law school.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”