NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby Dmini7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:26 am

Aberzombie1892 wrote:HYS, CCP, N/N/V/B/C/D/M, G

But this is nothing new if you have been looking at NLJ and Art. 3 placement over the last few years (since 2005).


I looked closer after this post. Did anyone else notice Duke's 10% shift from last years 38%?


Edit: Thank you tech-savy individuals. Especially that spreadsheet of multiple years. It now looks like the jump was not impressive
Last edited by Dmini7 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby JamesDean1955 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:26 am

Aroldis105 wrote:Anyone have the link to 2011 handy?


https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... pUVE#gid=0

Even better.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby 09042014 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:28 am

ChampagnePapi wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=156483

So according to leaked data 69% had 2L SAs at NJL250 firms for uchi. So is the difference basically clerkships and people doing other things or are a bunch of people getting no offered? Just trying to understand the new stats.


Some probably went to botiques and shit.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15511
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:28 am

2009-2012 averages:

Penn..............55.35
Columbia.........53.63
Chicago..........53.12
Northwestern...49.16
Harvard..........49.15
Stanford.........47.76
Berkeley.........46.7
NYU...............46.6
Cornell............45.6
UVA...............45.42
Duke..............44.22
Michigan.........40.79
GULC..............35.7
Yale...............32.63
USC...............32.88
Vandy.............31.31
UCLA..............30.71
Texas.............27.63

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby JamesDean1955 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:30 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:2009-2012 averages:

Penn..............55.35
Columbia.........53.63
Chicago..........53.12
Northwestern...49.16
Harvard..........49.15
Stanford.........47.76
Berkeley.........46.7
NYU...............46.6
Cornell............45.6
UVA...............45.42
Duke..............44.22
Michigan.........40.79
GULC..............35.7
Yale...............32.63
USC...............32.88
Vandy.............31.31
UCLA..............30.71
Texas.............27.63


Awesome. Anyone want to do this w/A3 clerkships included?

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby JamesDean1955 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:31 am

Desert Fox wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=156483

So according to leaked data 69% had 2L SAs at NJL250 firms for uchi. So is the difference basically clerkships and people doing other things or are a bunch of people getting no offered? Just trying to understand the new stats.


Some probably went to botiques and shit.


Chicago's a relatively tough market (to NYC anyway), I wouldn't be surprised at a few no offers, even at the great U of C.

cooldude87
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby cooldude87 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:33 am

There's no reason to put school's who place less than 20% on the list

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby Crowing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:35 am

I've been looking for A3 numbers for 2011 and 2012 for a while but haven't been successful at finding them anywhere.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15511
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:36 am

Crowing wrote:I've been looking for A3 numbers for 2011 and 2012 for a while but haven't been successful at finding them anywhere.

School websites.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby Crowing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:37 am

Also look at UCLA/USC and BC/BU. Maybe this will stop the trolling for any of these individual schools for a while. But it probably won't.

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby JamesDean1955 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:37 am

I wish LST would hurry up and finish the "Aggregating Biglaw Placement and Federal Clerkships" guide they "have on the docket"

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby Crowing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:38 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:
Crowing wrote:I've been looking for A3 numbers for 2011 and 2012 for a while but haven't been successful at finding them anywhere.

School websites.


I did actually bookmark every T14's detailed employment data but they don't make a distinction between A3 and non-A3 federal. I guess the difference between the two figures should be fairly small though?

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby JamesDean1955 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:39 am

Crowing wrote:Also look at UCLA/USC and BC/BU. Maybe this will stop the trolling for any of these individual schools for a while. But it probably won't.


Rankings drop for UCLA? Oh wait, that's right, USNWR rankings don't count useful shit.

Golden Bear 11
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:21 am

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby Golden Bear 11 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:43 am

JamesDean1955 wrote:
Crowing wrote:Also look at UCLA/USC and BC/BU. Maybe this will stop the trolling for any of these individual schools for a while. But it probably won't.


Rankings drop for UCLA? Oh wait, that's right, USNWR rankings don't count useful shit.


Why would they drop? UCLA is #15 on NLJ and #15 on USNWR...

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15511
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:43 am

Crowing wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:
Crowing wrote:I've been looking for A3 numbers for 2011 and 2012 for a while but haven't been successful at finding them anywhere.

School websites.


I did actually bookmark every T14's detailed employment data but they don't make a distinction between A3 and non-A3 federal. I guess the difference between the two figures should be fairly small though?

Columbia's does, and I know some others do too. I am going to turn this thread Rayiner-style and keep track of c/o 2012 data in the OP.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby Crowing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:43 am

JamesDean1955 wrote:
Crowing wrote:Also look at UCLA/USC and BC/BU. Maybe this will stop the trolling for any of these individual schools for a while. But it probably won't.


Rankings drop for UCLA? Oh wait, that's right, USNWR rankings don't count useful shit.


IIRC USC has been killing UCLA for biglaw % in the past couple of years, which has been fuel for quite a bit of "USC is actually better than UCLA" trolling.

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby Dmini7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:44 am

Crowing wrote:Also look at UCLA/USC and BC/BU. Maybe this will stop the trolling for any of these individual schools for a while. But it probably won't.


I do not think the trolling has stopped, and I am fairly certain I just fed a troll :(. I am not a smart man. :oops:

edit: I also wouldn't say they were killing it, the difference was still pretty negligible in my opinion. If i recall correctly, it has consistently been within 3% of eachother.
Last edited by Dmini7 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby Crowing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:45 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:
Crowing wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:
Crowing wrote:I've been looking for A3 numbers for 2011 and 2012 for a while but haven't been successful at finding them anywhere.

School websites.


I did actually bookmark every T14's detailed employment data but they don't make a distinction between A3 and non-A3 federal. I guess the difference between the two figures should be fairly small though?

Columbia's does, and I know some others do too. I am going to turn this thread Rayiner-style and keep track of c/o 2012 data in the OP.


? Sorry I'm not seeing it, at least not on this page.

http://www.law.columbia.edu/careers/emp ... nformation

Is it located somewhere else?

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby JamesDean1955 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:46 am

Golden Bear 11 wrote:
JamesDean1955 wrote:
Crowing wrote:Also look at UCLA/USC and BC/BU. Maybe this will stop the trolling for any of these individual schools for a while. But it probably won't.


Rankings drop for UCLA? Oh wait, that's right, USNWR rankings don't count useful shit.


Why would they drop? UCLA is #15 on NLJ and #15 on USNWR...


Theoretically, if the only factor in rankings was NLJ250 Placement (which it shouldn't be, but should definitely be included) then because USC > UCLA in the NLJ250 rankings, then USC > UCLA for USNWR.

Also, they are 15 on USNWR and 16 on this new NLJ250 list.

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby JamesDean1955 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:47 am

Dmini7 wrote:
Crowing wrote:Also look at UCLA/USC and BC/BU. Maybe this will stop the trolling for any of these individual schools for a while. But it probably won't.


I do not think the trolling has stopped, and I am fairly certain I just fed a troll :(. I am not a smart man. :oops:

edit: I also wouldn't say they were killing it, the difference was still pretty negligible in my opinion. If i recall correctly, it has consistently been within 3% of eachother.


LOL no, I could care less about either of these schools (no offense to anyone who goes there), bc I'm east coast all the way baby.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15511
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:48 am

Crowing wrote:? Sorry I'm not seeing it, at least not on this page.

http://www.law.columbia.edu/careers/emp ... nformation

Is it located somewhere else?

Federal clerkships is what you're looking for.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby 09042014 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:49 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:
Crowing wrote:? Sorry I'm not seeing it, at least not on this page.

http://www.law.columbia.edu/careers/emp ... nformation

Is it located somewhere else?

Federal clerkships is what you're looking for.


That includes ArTTTicle 1 clerkships.

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby JamesDean1955 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:50 am

Desert Fox wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:
Crowing wrote:? Sorry I'm not seeing it, at least not on this page.

http://www.law.columbia.edu/careers/emp ... nformation

Is it located somewhere else?

Federal clerkships is what you're looking for.


That includes ArTTTicle 1 clerkships.


Everything's a TTT for you ay?

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby rad lulz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:50 am

This list is a lot less useful now that we can get the ABA numbers come March

law2015
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: NLJ 250 Placement for C/O 2012

Postby law2015 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:51 am

The new NLJ confirms that schools are doing much better. NYU placed 53% into NLJ 250 and probably another 10 percent or so into market paying jobs outside of NLJ 250. Also, the past few years they have been placing around 12 to 13 percent into AIII clerkships. That would make it about 75 percent of biglaw + AIII without accounting for those self selecting into public interest or getting good jobs in business.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621 and 4 guests