BC vs. WL+;Wake+;WM+ with aid.. HELP!!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
froglee

Re: BC vs. WL+;Wake+;WM+ with aid.. HELP!!

Postby froglee » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:46 am

Bryce wrote:Google it? haha funny.

Right, I understand this. I just need to be the right node, which isn't only the NLJ 250.. Most graduates aren't qualified, or interested in, working in an investment bank or wealth management firm. I am confident I could get a job as an analyst quickly, as my roommate (here at MSU) has already received his signing bonus and we are both graduating in May and have nearly identical qualifications (e.g.straight 4.0s in finance and hopeful candidate in the CFA program (he is not, as it isn't "relevant in investment banking").

Now, with an analyst being the piece(s) of shit on the end of a dog's tail, they still make 100,000k a year, in Chicago, as a first year. If I have a law degree, I should at least be a larger piece of excrement, is this not true? If I have a law degree from Boston College or William and Mary, how much more helpful will that be in getting an anlayst/lawfirm position anywhere in the country compared to Wake, UGA, ARIZ, WashLee, Wisco?

Basically, what I am taking from everyone's comments is to go to the money? Yeah, I hear ya.

Bryce wrote:I understand and I think this is some good advice. I have a 3.77 overall and 164, with straight 4.0's in FI, ACC and Econ. I should probably retake...

Thanks for the input, it definitely seems reasonable..

Yea, yea, you got your perfect GPA and LSAT score. Now you think you are ready to take on the world. You think you have that I-banking analyst job waiting for you, but you think you deserve something better if you have law degree.

Informative

Postby Informative » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:51 pm

BC has the best career prospects out of the schools you mentioned (by a lot), but like others have said, you may want to consider a school in CO if that is where you want to practice.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:38 pm

Informative wrote:BC has the best career prospects out of the schools you mentioned (by a lot), but like others have said, you may want to consider a school in CO if that is where you want to practice.

Dude this thread is from last cycle

OP retook and is at UT on a 100k scholarship

Return to “Choosing a Law School”