2014 Rankings Released

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby JCougar » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:38 pm

NYLS drops to unranked (fourth tier). Weren't they like in the 80s a few years ago? lol

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby JCougar » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:40 pm

jne381 wrote:
Citizen Genet wrote:No methodology changes this year. So they continue to count short-term school-funded positions as employed.


Is this confirmed that they made no methodology changes with regard to employment, or are you just making this up.


No, I think they did make a change. Full-time, JD required got full weight, and all other employment got lesser weight. They used the ABA's statistics--which means schools like George Washington and UVA benefited from making their school-funded positions 1 year long.

User avatar
hephaestus
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby hephaestus » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:40 pm

TTRansfer wrote:LOL @ Pitt's epic 22 spot slide. Now tied with WVU. That should help the rivalry there. LULZ.

That's awful. Maybe it'll finally convince them to change their fin aid policies.

Lord Randolph McDuff
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:40 pm

jne381 wrote:
Citizen Genet wrote:No methodology changes this year. So they continue to count short-term school-funded positions as employed.


Is this confirmed that they made no methodology changes with regard to employment, or are you just making this up.


The clearly changed their methodology. That is why schools in the T1 are reporting <60% employment in the USNEWS. It says they counted graduates who are employed full-time in jobs lasting longer than 1 year, so long as those jobs are JD required or JD advantage. They will explain it further soon.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby Crowing » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:40 pm

How is American still ranked. Baffling.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby 2014 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:41 pm

Pumped to see UChi continue its ascent to it's rightful place in the HYChi tier.

Trolling aside, I am legitimately curious how WUSTL managed the jump it did. I had assumed with the 2 point LSAT median hit that it was going to get worse before it got better.

User avatar
TTRansfer
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 am

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:42 pm

ImNoScar wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:LOL @ Pitt's epic 22 spot slide. Now tied with WVU. That should help the rivalry there. LULZ.

That's awful. Maybe it'll finally convince them to change their fin aid policies.


They have fin aid policies?

Lord Randolph McDuff
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:42 pm

Wakelaw15 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
sdmelzer wrote:Surprised no one has really commented on the Fordham drop. Pretty substantial.


People on here have recently talked about paying sticker @ Fordham. I hope no one is thinking that any more.


Dude, even for this thread, you are obsessed with USNEWS.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby SteelPenguin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:42 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
sdmelzer wrote:Surprised no one has really commented on the Fordham drop. Pretty substantial.


Sorry, was pouring a 40oz out for their employment prospects


I'm really surprised by the drop. I expected a couple spots drop, but not 9. Maybe they'll start giving people more money now. I'm glad I've decided to retake.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby rad lulz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:42 pm

Crowing wrote:How is American still ranked. Baffling.

Bc rankings are based on things other than job prospects

Wakelaw15
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby Wakelaw15 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Lord Randolph McDuff wrote:
Wakelaw15 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
sdmelzer wrote:Surprised no one has really commented on the Fordham drop. Pretty substantial.


People on here have recently talked about paying sticker @ Fordham. I hope no one is thinking that any more.


Dude, even for this thread, you are obsessed with USNEWS.


Attend a T36 school and you will know the feeling.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby kaiser » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Wakelaw15 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
sdmelzer wrote:Surprised no one has really commented on the Fordham drop. Pretty substantial.


People on here have recently talked about paying sticker @ Fordham. I hope no one is thinking that any more.


Its the same school it was yesterday

User avatar
goldeneye
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby goldeneye » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:43 pm

2014 wrote:Pumped to see UChi continue its ascent to it's rightful place in the HYChi tier.

Trolling aside, I am legitimately curious how WUSTL managed the jump it did. I had assumed with the 2 point LSAT median hit that it was going to get worse before it got better.


WUSTL only dropped because they reported their employment numbers using this years metric, last year. So technically they're back where they were.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3403
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings Waiting Thread

Postby ManoftheHour » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 pm

SydneyC wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:So the idea is to just apply to every school you can and go to the highest ranked school right?


That's the idea. Even though I'm from Cali and want to work in LA, I'd choose Vandy over USC because 16th is better than 18th.


That's a joke right? No way Vandy sets a grad up better for a gig in LA than USC does. Half of LA went to USC.


C'mon man...

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
sdmelzer wrote:Surprised no one has really commented on the Fordham drop. Pretty substantial.


Sorry, was pouring a 40oz out for their employment prospects

:lol:

I can't wait for dingguano to find this thread
Last edited by alwayssunnyinfl on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4043
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby North » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 pm

So did they really not make any employment-centered methodology changes? Seriously?

User avatar
CFprez
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:28 am

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby CFprez » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 pm

hmmm... new rankings... shiny..... Still want to see medians though.

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby nba101790 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Are we sure that these are the definite 2014 rankings?

zman
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby zman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:45 pm

why can't law schools ignore us news like med schools? same with students. :D
Last edited by zman on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings Waiting Thread

Postby rad lulz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:45 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
SydneyC wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:So the idea is to just apply to every school you can and go to the highest ranked school right?


That's the idea. Even though I'm from Cali and want to work in LA, I'd choose Vandy over USC because 16th is better than 18th.


That's a joke right? No way Vandy sets a grad up better for a gig in LA than USC does. Half of LA went to USC.


C'mon man...

DROVES of employers

flock to Vandy

from USC

news at 11

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby 2014 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:45 pm

goldeneye wrote:
2014 wrote:Pumped to see UChi continue its ascent to it's rightful place in the HYChi tier.

Trolling aside, I am legitimately curious how WUSTL managed the jump it did. I had assumed with the 2 point LSAT median hit that it was going to get worse before it got better.


WUSTL only dropped because they reported their employment numbers using this years metric, last year. So technically they're back where they were.

Right, but that doesn't change how big of a LSAT hit they took which is a large part of the methodology.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby rad lulz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:45 pm

zman wrote:why can't law school ignore us news like med school? same with students. :D

Because gotta find out where the DROVES of employers are headed bro

Law school rankings line up w your job propects bro

User avatar
TheFutureLawyer
Posts: 3886
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 2:28 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby TheFutureLawyer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:46 pm

North wrote:So did they really not make any employment-centered methodology changes? Seriously?


No one here has discussed this subject, so I presume not.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:46 pm

ImNoScar wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:LOL @ Pitt's epic 22 spot slide. Now tied with WVU. That should help the rivalry there. LULZ.

That's awful. Maybe it'll finally convince them to change their fin aid policies.


Totally agree.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: 2014 Rankings (release date: March 12, 2013)

Postby Dr. Dre » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:46 pm

University of San Francisco drops to #144!!!




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: flowering, Google [Bot], Lawl_Schoolz and 6 guests