Which Law Schools will close down first?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
MarkfromWI

Re: Which Law Schools will close down first?

Postby MarkfromWI » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:43 pm

timbs4339 wrote:
nothingtosee wrote:You have to assume that with ~200 fewer law grads per year in Minnesota, the employment prospects are going to go up. I might have done that math wrong, someone correct me if I'm off

I read the press release as them committing to keep the class size close to what it is now. They are just going to use this as an opportunity to get rid of redundant faculty and admins. Wonder if tuition will go down or they just are trying to get back into the black.

The article I read had them ~2mil in the red last year combined. No way tuition is going down. This is just a way to shed overhead.

Although they sound like they want to keep class size close to what it is now, this move reeks of desperation and the PR isn't good. I think class sizes will drop simply because anybody who has done any research (I know, asking a lot) won't enroll there come fall. This natural selection should help employment prospects a bit for everyone else involved.

minnbills

Re: Which Law Schools will close down first?

Postby minnbills » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:04 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:Can even the state flagship find jobs for all of its grads?

God no

Return to “Choosing a Law School”