Best for PI: sticker at T10 or full ride at lower ranked?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
JJC10

Re: Best for PI: sticker at T10 or full ride at lower ranked?

Postby JJC10 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:00 am

worldtraveler wrote:
JJC10 wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:You need more specifics. Do you want the ACLU or a local non-profit?

I'd honestly probably be happy with either

But which one do you want? Why do you want PI? We're trying to help you here and you aren't giving much to work with.

I'd obviously love ACLU, but i'm trying to be honest with myself about the chances of that. I do have some specific things i'd like to do, but due to the difficulty that I'm assuming is involved in getting any PI job, I want to approach these ideas with a certain amount of flexibility.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:07 am

I've already stated my opinion, but to clarify, if you're not aiming for prestigious PI then I think it makes more sense to take a full ride. But if you do want a more prestigious position, then the T10 looks like the better option. So it all boils down to what's more important to you.

JJC10

Postby JJC10 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:10 am

cinephile wrote:I've already stated my opinion, but to clarify, if you're not aiming for prestigious PI then I think it makes more sense to take a full ride. But if you do want a more prestigious position, then the T10 looks like the better option. So it all boils down to what's more important to you.

Appreciate the advice.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”