Berkeley V. Notre Dame (consider the facts)!!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Micdiddy

Re: Berkeley V. Notre Dame (consider the facts)!!

Postby Micdiddy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:57 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:I'm not one of the coastal elites that looks down on people with different cultures.

No one else is going to call this one out? Read, read, read this sentence. See the problem?

The problem is actually that people assume that NOBODY could want to live in rural areas. In fact, people in rural areas are generally good people who just want to be left alone by big-city folks who think they're superior. I'm actually from the NYC area. People generally have a superiority complex.

First of all, I do not think any reasonable person assumed NOBODY could want to live in rural areas. That would simply be an insane assumption and even people who never want to live there themselves can easily recognize that other types of people exist who love those areas.
Second of all, this sentence: "In fact, people in rural areas are generally good people who just want to be left alone by big-city folks who think they're superior." Has the same sort of hypocrisy as the original sentence I quoted. It's an arrogant self-identification through "at least I'm not THOSE people" that flows both ways. People who live in rural America are no more innocent of this than anyone else.

"People generally have a superiority complex."

Meh, I guess? At least online personalities tend to, but I haven't found this to be true in my day-to-day life.

BerkeleyBear

Postby BerkeleyBear » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:59 pm

twentypercentmore wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:WTF is this thread?

+1

OP wrote:Most people in South Dakota have no idea that places like U Chicago, Mich are top “law” schools, but they know of ND and Berk.

How could anyone, even in a super-rural town in SD, think that Berkeley > UChi?

:lol: +1

OP, if you're a prestige whore, how is this even a question if cost ins't an issue?. Are you taking on no debt or is cost not a factor because you will have a job lined up? Also, if people in SD think B is better than Ch and ND is better than M, obviously rankings mean nothing to the average bear. Which is cool. Maybe you don't belong there though.

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:40 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:I'm not one of the coastal elites that looks down on people with different cultures.

No one else is going to call this one out? Read, read, read this sentence. See the problem?

The problem is actually that people assume that NOBODY could want to live in rural areas. In fact, people in rural areas are generally good people who just want to be left alone by big-city folks who think they're superior. I'm actually from the NYC area. People generally have a superiority complex.

First of all, I do not think any reasonable person assumed NOBODY could want to live in rural areas. That would simply be an insane assumption and even people who never want to live there themselves can easily recognize that other types of people exist who love those areas.
Second of all, this sentence: "In fact, people in rural areas are generally good people who just want to be left alone by big-city folks who think they're superior." Has the same sort of hypocrisy as the original sentence I quoted. It's an arrogant self-identification through "at least I'm not THOSE people" that flows both ways. People who live in rural America are no more innocent of this than anyone else.

"People generally have a superiority complex."

Meh, I guess? At least online personalities tend to, but I haven't found this to be true in my day-to-day life.

No, I don't look down on them, but after I left the region I realized that their stereotypes of small towns are not true.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”